Posted on Jun 25, 2019 by CV-Library
Responsible for the modification and extension of the existing software particularly in the area of factory automation and machine control.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop and maintain machine control software
* Develop software interfaces between tools and Factory hosts using industry standards to give high reliability and excellent user experience.
* Transfer code into volume manufacture.
* Support and debug field issues.
* Any other reasonable duties.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
* Software control of electro-mechanical or robotic systems.
* C# development in a multi-threaded environment.
* Software design and architecture experience
* Use of appropriate code management and issue tracking tools.
* Understanding of X-Ray inspection and materials testing.
* Advanced Microsoft Office and Excel skills.
* Customer facing experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES - Essential:
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team based environment
* Ability to develop software in an agile environment using a TDD approach
* Communication skills – verbal, written and presentation.
* Customer focus.
* Proactive approach to problem resolution.
* A high degree of flexibility in a continuously changing environment.
* Visual Studio 2015 or later.
* Software development on 64-bit Windows 7 & 10 platforms.
* Strong leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills.
* Good numerical skills
* Experience of tool to factory host communication and understanding of appropriate standards including SECS/GEM
* Able to use SECS/GEM software libraries and test tools
* Experience of automated wafer handling equipment
* Experience of NUnit and Moq
* C++ development in a multi-threaded environment
* Subversion source code management system.
Regular travel between Aylesbury & Colchester dependent upon business needs. Some international travel to customer sites
£35k - £45k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£35k - £55k Annual
£30k - £50k Annual
£40k - £46k Annual
£250 - £300 Daily