CNC Machinist Milling - Horizontal/Vertical
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
Overall purpose of Job Function
To undertake tasks as instructed by your manager, to the appropriate work instructions, to a required standard and to the best of your ability to preserve product quality.
To carry out duties in a responsible manner in line with Company's Health and Safety Policy/Manual and to preserve and protect the health and safety of themselves and all other people affected by the operations of the company.
To ensure that the duties are carried out with the correct equipment, including required Personal and Respiratory Protective Equipment and the equipment in maintained and good working order.
To carry out duties in line with the company’s Quality Management System
* Programming of Vertical and/or Horizontal machining centres. (Mazak, Fanuc and Heidenhein Controllers)
* Writing and Editing CNC Programs for the effective machining of components.
* Setting and operating of CNC Machines to prove out first off and production.
* Working in a team to achieve agreed targets.
* Manage work load in an effective manner.
* Entering data onto Routing Sheets/Operating Tickets and Computer
* Returning drawings, fixtures and tooling to correct locations after use
* All reasonable tasks required to fulfil company objectives
* To ensure production is carried out against the related documentation to standard to ensure product conformity, and that any issues or concerns are report to immediate Manager or Quality or Technical Engineer.
* To work with management to meet quality objectives and improvements, including continuous improvement, reduction in scrap rates.
* To undertake training where necessary to accomplish the above
* To have a good understanding of geometric tolerances and a methodical method of working including problem solving