IT Cover Engineer
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Role Overview of the IT Cover Engineer
This role is to provide cover for the onsite engineers at client sites. As a result, this role will encompass a broad range of duties which will include, but is not exclusive to, Helpdesk / 1st line work such as call-logging, 2nd line fixing such as troubleshooting desktop / hardware (PC, laptop and printer) and potentially maintaining a server estate in a data centre environment. Equally, as a cover engineer, you may be the sole person onsite and/or part of a customer or team.
* Troubleshoot and resolve problems in person and via phone.
* Answer phone calls and log accurately into customer’s call logging system.
* Troubleshoot Desktop, Laptops and Printer problems, HW and SW.
* Investigate and resolve incidents in accordance with SLAs.
* Be expected to patch users and communications room as and when required.
* Adapt to the varying customer environments and cultures, along with their in-house processes.
Knowledge and Skills;
* Microsoft Windows desktop O/S
* Microsoft Office 2016/2010/2007/2003.
* Microsoft Outlook 2016/2010/2007/2003.
* Structured Call Logging System
* Desktop/Laptop Hardware
* HP printers (setup and configuration)
* Multifunctional Devices
Location: Covering all London areas ( Mainly Central London) and some outside the M25 to Kent and Surrey.
IT cover Engineer