Posted on Jul 5, 2019 by CV-Library
We have been tasked by our client, in supporting them with their search for a Moulding Engineer, who will have a strong background in process optimisation & troubleshooting. The successful candidate will also be very experienced in carrying out Tool trials and be comfortable in leading a team.
Relevant Job Titles:
Senior Process Technician, Process Technician, Setter Supervisor, Moulding Engineer, Process Engineer, Senior Moulding Technician, Moulding Engineer
* This role is responsible for the provision of engineering support to manufacturing areas & for the introduction of moulding processes that meet or exceed customer and company quality requirements.
* Introduction of moulding processes & equipment that meet with customer and company quality requirements.
* Set & maintain quality standards for moulding quality in conjunction with Internal quality Dept.
* Introduction of equipment and ancillary’s necessary for the moulding of quality components, project managing their introduction from design & feasibility through to installation & commissioning.
* Ensuring that moulding machine programmes used for product manufacture are developed and controlled.
* Ensure equipment is introduced that produces quality parts and meets company philosophies of SMED, in-house production system
* Communicate & manage equipment suppliers so that the company are supported with the necessary equipment to produce quality parts in line project timing.
* To work in conjunction with tooling engineer following company tooling procedures including off-site sign-off (overseas travel required- Europe/Far East)
* To supervise and carry out tool trials either individually or in conjunction with Technicians, raise appropriate documentation & manage corrective actions & maturation of products & projects.
* To lead improvement teams for moulding processes
* Be and active member of the design feasibility team, raising DSR documentation for Design review meetings
* Be an active member of tooling feasibility reviews.
* Maintain a Tool book / Trial report, PFMEA, Process flow & other standard company documentation for each part containing the relevant information.
* To communicate by written and verbal means using the Company communication channels to ensure the understanding of colleagues and management.
Specific Knowledge & Experience:
* Able to generate tool trials reports and process capability data, corrective action reports, including overall planning for trial/supplier timing plans, other presentation materials
* Ability to contribute / lead Process FMEA teams. Manage supplier’s performance/selection
* Review & Critique/ make recommendation from “Moldflow” / “Mouldex” simulations
* Familiar with Microsoft Suite, Word, Excel, Power point, Project.
* Completion of an ONC or equivalent in an engineering or plastics-related subject.
* Having proven experience in the procurement of injection moulding tooling/equipment & Introduction from design / feasibility to production readiness from the global supply source.
* Computer literacy, including the ability to use spread sheets and databases