2nd Line Support Technician
Posted on Jul 6, 2019 by CV-Library
The position requires daily customer, business partner and internal team interaction. Keeping track of customer cases in the helpdesk program and utilising this system to delegate, engage your peers and maintain a high-level of customer satisfaction in managing support issues is a routine activity.
• Be part of a team of engineers providing excellent support to our client’s customers and partners
• Use of remote tools to assist customers in troubleshooting problems
• Provide technical best practices for partners and customers
• Work through technical issues at an operating system level
• Build and maintain customer and partner rapport
• Manage technical issues, solutions and sales opportunity progress by creating cases within the company helpdesk system
• Manage case escalation to maintain forward movement on customer issues
• Ensure clear, professional communication between the teams and the customer
• Create and maintain self-help documents
• Continue education by attending training sessions and reading technical documentation
The position is 40 hours a week Monday to Friday on alternating weekly shifts of 7am-4pm and 8:15am - 5:15pm. As a member of the Technical Support Team you will be part of the on-call roster for weekends and Bank Holidays.
Bank Holidays are usually 07:00 – 14:15 and 07:00 – 5:15 and every 8 – 10 weeks you will be required to provide on call weekend cover from 1 am – 7.15 am Monday morning.
• Prior Technical Support Engineer experience essential
• Knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems
• Experience in Terminal Services / Citrix / VMWare View environments
• Knowledge of networking concepts, Including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc.
• Flexibility, integrity and creative problem-solving skills are imperative to be successful in this role
• Thin client experience a plus
• A team player who is influential and builds good working relationships across all levels
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with engineers, sales teams and management
• Positive work ethic
• Ability to listen effectively and show patience while working with customers
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
• Ability to take effective notes
• Ability to multitask effectively and work under pressure
Index Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion
£25k - £28k Annual
£28k - £35k Annual
£19k - £23k Annual
£23.1k - £23.1k Annual
£23k - £28k Annual
£23k - £28k Annual
£26k - £28k Annual
£24k - £28k Annual
£28k - £38k Annual
£21k - £25k Annual