Field Service Engineer
Posted on Jul 6, 2019 by CV-Library
OTE £35K to £40K
An organisation that specialises in packaging machinery are now looking for a field service engineer due to explanation. You be expected to conduct installations, commissioning, training, and fault finding on the range of equipment we supply. This role will involve extensive travel often resulting in a number of weeks away from home.
* Understanding and experience of fault diagnoses on packaging machines covering electrical, electronic, and mechanical disciplines
* Work on a range of PLC and Motion control systems
* Work away from home for extended periods
* Conduct machinery checkout and trials
* Customer acceptance trials
* Product development assistance.
* Installation and commissioning of the full range equipment.
* Promoting sales of spare parts, upgrades, new and pre-owned machines.
* Carrying out training programs and promoting training.
* Giving feedback information from customers and competitive equipment
* Undertake any other duties appropriate to your skill levels from time to time to meet the needs of the business.
* 5 GCSEs grade C or above or equivalent.
* HNC/D or equivalent in a technical discipline, (electrical or electronic) or equivalent experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
The successful candidate will:
* Be able to fault diagnostics using PLC logic.
* Be able to control situations whilst providing a high standard of customer service
* Have excellent electrical/mechanical technical skills.
* Be able to read blueprints and schematics.
* Will be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and Outlook
* Will have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a commitment to serving others.
* Have a history of working to deadlines and meeting business objectives.
* Have a flexible approach to work.
* Substantial experience in roles such as electrical or electronic technician, field service repair of machinery, maintenance repair, or related occupations. Familiarity with machine and electrical parts, components and assembly are essential. Experience interfacing with customers.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to be considered for this position, please contact Lauren Ballard at Vantage Consulting on (phone number removed) or email
£22k - £28k Annual
£30k - £38k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£32k - £38k Annual
£25k - £27k Annual
£38.2k - £38.2k Annual
£24k - £26k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£28k - £28k Annual