Technical Evidence Adviser (HS2)
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
To produce and evaluate technical evidence relating to technical design decisions and support the secretariat duties at technical panel meetings through issuing Agendas and Minutes.
The role supports the Technical Evidence Manager who sits within the Specification & Technical Assurance Team in the Infrastructure Directorate.
ROLE OF DIRECTORATE/DEPARTMENT
The Specification and Technical Assurance team sits within Infrastructure Directorate spanning the whole project (Phase 1, Phase 2a and Phase 2b) - the project’s Technical Design Authority, its assurer and guardian of design quality and the system level integrator of the railway. S&TA works closely with the HS2 Corporate Sponsor function (under CFO), the Technical teams and the wider HS2 Programme to manage scope, specifications and baselines. The department’s core objective is to ensure the Development Agreement and DfT Sponsors Requirements are discharged into clear specifications that are subsequently complied with. In simple terms, this means ensuring the Sponsor receives what the Sponsor has asked for.
* Produce technical evidence documents for internal and external use, including proposing challenges to evidence and confirming that appropriate controls are in place to manage agreed positions.
* Apply acceptance criteria for the evidence submissions including linkage to the design process, clarity of assumptions and context within the knowledge management systems.
* Generate reports to confirm that accurate and comprehensive records relating to the existence, configuration and modification history of requirements and design proposals are maintained.
* Provide guidance in the structuring, context and integrity of technical evidence used to support the hybrid bill, consultation events and other public facing events.
* Support the relationship with stakeholders and third parties in agreeing their technical evidence requirements and acceptance activity.
* Assist members of the Specification and Technical Assurance team to confirm the extent of evidence required and secure this in an efficient manner aligned to the agreed risks to the case.
* Assist in the management of the frameworks for evaluation of evidence submissions.
* General administration of meetings, (including maintaining the forward agenda, issuing agendas and meeting papers and compilation of minutes.)
* Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI
* IT Skills, including full use of MS office suite or equivalent
* Analytical and report compilation skills including running reports from IT systems and spreadsheets
* Ability to influence and work with a range of stakeholders, both internally and externally and across multi-disciplinary teams
* Ability to produce and present documents and reports to a variety of audiences, including internal stakeholders at various levels in the organisation
* Independently manage workload and deliver work to agreed deadlines
* Excellent attention to detail
* Knowledge of using a programme wide information management system (covering document management, associating evidence and controlling configuration status)
* Design Assurance from any engineering sector (civil, rail, aerospace, defence etc)
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
* Experience of supporting management of projects which includes working with Sponsors, Regulatory Bodies and other stakeholders.
* Worked within Design Assurance for engineering consultancy, contractor or client firm.
* Experience of minute taking and the preparation of documentation for meetings
* Experience in the preparation of technical statements and evidence.
The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity & Respect.
Chair and external members of the System Review Panel – supports the running of the monthly System Review Panel Meeting.
Chairs of Technical Authority Panels – supports the running of the monthly Technical Authority Panel Meeting.
System Review Panel – regular contact with panel members and stakeholders, editing and formatting panel papers and assuring decisions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner
Supporting the Technical Evidence Manager in the collation of Technical Evidence