Signalling Design Manager
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Signalling Design Manager to join an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services.
You will be working within the Signalling Design team delivering a portfolio of exciting, varied rail projects both in the UK and overseas as part of an established and expanding Rail Business.
The projects involve a diverse range of:
* Geographical interlocking
About the Signalling Design Manager
* You will be responsible for leading and directing signalling design team in all aspects of delivering railway-signalling schemes in accordance with all company standards, signalling principles and practice.
* You will manage and control all staff appointed to project(s) and work packages being produced under your control.
* The role also involves design checking or verification/ CRE role on projects.
* The position offers scope for personal skill development, especially in relation to building a project pipeline for an established signalling team.
* The focus will be on developing existing skills and experience of leading signalling design, in a stimulating and challenging project environment, and so enhancing the client's overall signalling and rail capability.
* You will work with project teams of Railway and Infrastructure Engineers at bid and project stage. You will also develop relationships with their wider rail communities and their client's engineering and project teams.
What we're looking for with the Signalling Design Manager
We are looking for a passionate, commercially aware Signalling Design Manager, with a sound technical knowledge to play a leading role in our London Signalling team.
You will be highly motivated and with a desire to tackle interesting problems with the opportunity of finding innovative solutions.
Ensuring the successful delivery of technically excellent signalling projects and bids across our multidisciplinary UK Rail portfolio, you will be responsible for, and typical activities will include:
* Determining the signalling design requirements from our client brief and implementing the design scope, ensuring that the design team understands the project requirements.
* Determining the design methodology for projects and sign off outline and design specifications
* Providing excellent engineering skills and technical knowledge of railway signalling, within an environment of high quality and timeliness.
* Providing technical guidance for the production of detailed signalling design.
* Being responsible for the Production or Checking of detailed signalling principles designs and calculations.
* Acting as Contractor's Responsible Engineer (CRE) for projects.
* Providing on a regular basis, reports on the signalling design team performance to Management and planning personnel.
* Monitoring and reviewing progress, ensuring project timescales and targets are met.
* Being responsible for mentoring and skill development of Signalling team members learning on the job providing guidance, training and feedback.
* Integrating with colleagues, and operating with enthusiasm and a sense of purpose for the successful delivery of projects & the businesses.
Who will you report to?
Reporting to our UK Signalling Team Leader and locally to our Infrastructure Systems Team Leader and supported by the signalling discipline Technical Head.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
* Extensive hands-on experience of Production, Checking and Approval of feasibility, outline and detailed signalling principles designs and calculations. Other railway design experience within the rail industry will also be essential.
* Good underpinning knowledge of signalling design principles, standards, components, and fabrication methods.
* Extensive underpinning knowledge of signalling design and interlocking principles, standards, components, and fabrication methods.
* Experience of signalling construction methods and installation.
* A good understanding of Network Rail signalling assets and project lifecycle on multidiscipline railway projects
* Technically competent to undertake technical approvals of signalling designs and its associated design submissions including IDC/IDR process.
* A good knowledge of other rail disciplines, and how their work interfaces with signalling engineering
* Experienced in responding to Client requests and challenging deadlines and able to cope with interruptions as projects demand.
* Good team leader within signalling and train control teams or project teams and discipline leader within other Railway multidisciplinary projects.
* Operates tactfully and diplomatically and with the highest levels of professionalism.
* Appropriate HND or Higher qualification would be a benefit.
* IRSE licence Signalling Principles Designer category 1.1.550 and Signalling design verifier 1.1.160.
* Hold or be working towards IRSE Project Engineer or Engineering Manager Design license.1.145 Signalling Design Manager desirable.
* A member of the IRSE and an Incorporated Engineer.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.
We will contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview