Director of Financial Reporting - Maternity Cover
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, Director of Financial Reporting is a high-profile role requiring an ambitious and technically sound Finance leader.
The individual will be responsible for all aspects of financial reporting and technical accounting matters for the consolidated Sysco Europe operations. Director of Financial Reporting will also act as a key point of contact for the Financial Reporting Group and Tax Department in North America and deputise for the Group Financial Controller as and when required.
Responsibilities for the role include:
• Leading the production of monthly Group management accounts and publication of financial and non-financial data in BPC for consolidation into Sysco Corporate results
• Ownership of Sysco Europe quarter-end and year-end financial submissions in BPC. Preparation of narrative, financial analysis and required disclosures to support Sysco Corporation's external reporting requirements
• Technical accounting, including: ensuring Sysco Europe financial statements (quarterly and annual) are in compliance with IFRS and US GAAP requirements, preparation of accounting research memoranda for consideration by the Financial Reporting Group in Houston
• Analysing and providing guidance on complex accounting transactions, eg. acquisitions, reorganisations and change initiatives
• Oversight of the preparation of UK subsidiary statutory financial statements and other mandatory reporting requirements imposed upon by HMRC
• Key point of contact for external auditors and ensuring the facilitation of the Group audit
• Maintenance and development of BPC as Group's consolidation, planning and reporting system, ensuring data capture and data integrity meets Sysco requirements at all times
• Proactive review of new accounting pronouncements to ensure the impact of these changes on the business are understood and implementation plans adequately planned and executed
• Management of tax compliance activities of Sysco UK businesses with the assistance of external advisors.
• Lead the accounting policy alignment agenda with Sysco and drive consistency across Europe
• Work closely with other members of the Group Finance Team to ensure a consistent approach is applied with regards to compliance and control activities across Sysco Europe
• Work in partnership with Op Co CFOs, providing support and training to their teams in various technical areas and sharing best practice, insights and feedback to enhance effective, consistent delivery of financial reporting activities across Europe
• Ad-hoc projects, such as integration of acquisitions into Sysco financial reporting systems and framework The role will manage 3 direct reports (total team size: 6) and the structure and respective responsibilities of the team are illustrated in the attached organisational structure.
The role will be based in Ashford, Kent with regular travel required to London (Covent Garden) as well as international trips (Paris, Stockholm and Ireland) to liaise with Op Co Finance teams.
• Qualified ACA with at least 5 years post qualification and an excellent up to date technical accounting knowledge.
• A background in Big 4 would be advantageous including exposure to plc financial statements and associated reporting requirements, or equivalent experience gained in industry through preparing Group accounts for external publication in a listed or large PE-backed environment. At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates