Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a market leader in oil and gas, renewable energy, marine and shipping.
Working on a permanent basis, this position provides great career progression and opportunity for personal growth.
Our client require an engineer with at least 5 years' experience.
The successful candidate must have experience carrying out site specific assessments on jack-ups. As part of the offshore engineering group, you will be responsible for the design and analysis of mobile offshore units and fixed structures. There will be the chance to gain good team management and client interfacing experience.
The successful candidate will ideally be a chartered, degree qualified with experience in the offshore sector.
Knowledge of structural engineering software is preferred but not essential. The client has indicated training on software can be provided, however hands on jack up assessment experience is mandatory.
- Chartered membership of RINA or IMarEST desirable
- Degree or qualification in Structural Engineering/Naval Architecture, or equivalent
- Experience of technical software eg. SESAM (USFOS, GeniE), SACS, NASTRAN, and AutoCAD; Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- The knowledge of structural engineering and naval architecture principles, with insight into geotechnical assessments and environmental loadings in a marine environment
By analysis and evaluation perform the following tasks:
- Structural integrity of offshore structures, mainly jack up vessels
- Design and analysis of new and existing offshore steel structures
- generalised finite element analysis
- Dynamic and statistical simulations
- fatigue analysis
- Site specific assessments
Write detailed reports I support of analyses and evaluations taken
To assist in the improvement and up-keep of essential software such as pre and post processors
To assist in preparing proposals for new work
Assist as required in the delivery of project work across Global Maritime's range of services and business streams.
Provide mentoring and coaching to graduates and junior team members
Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
Able to develop solutions appropriate to the situation
Strong verbal and written communication
Proactive, able to show initiative in problem solving
Salary: Up to 65k per annum with benefits
£30k - £38k Annual
£30k - £50k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£33k - £37k Annual
£32k - £36k Annual
£33k - £36k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£42.4k - £66.3k Annual
£28.5k - £35k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual