VAT & Tax Specialist
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
This is a great opportunity for someone seeking to expand their VAT consultancy experience and to become an integral part of a growing team providing technical VAT advice and support to clients of the firm.
On a day to day basis you will be working in a busy team, conducting the following duties:
* Provide high quality VAT advice to the practice's clients as well as supporting colleagues with general VAT enquiries, both verbally and via written correspondence
* Reviewing VAT returns and submitting of returns
* Working with HMRC on VAT visits, queries concerning VAT registrations and general VAT enquiries.
* Manage VAT planning projects to ensure efficient and effective delivery to deadline
* Meeting with Clients face to face and working closely with the manager of the department on VAT compliance matters and VAT advisory projects.
* Make time to keep up to date with tax journals, HMRC announcements and maintain a general awareness of VAT issues.
* Support the general department in the development of its services and help develop the client base generally through recommendations and referral of other services.
We are looking for an individual with a good general foundation of knowledge in the area of VAT from either a Practice or having worked for HMRC. Good communication skills. Teamed with excellent prioritisation and time management skills. Personable with a strong work ethic and general interest in this specialist subject.
The business offers: 22 days annual leave increased with service, Life Assurance Scheme, Group personal pension scheme, Team Bonus Scheme, Discretionary bonus, Childcare vouchers and Employee discount scheme. Their hours are 39 ½ hrs per week. Monday to Thursday 08:30-5:30 with an hour lunch, Friday 08:30-5:00 with an hours lunch.
Please contact Phoebe Howles on (phone number removed) or e-mail your cv