Vehicle Paint Sprayer
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
This position is on a temporary to permanent basis, meaning that after you have worked a successful 13 week period, you will automatically transfer over to them as a permanent member of their staff.
The main purpose of the role will be to spray our clients products in accordance with the Company’s standards. The task itself demands a right first time approach to maintain high standards within a fast moving production environment. Within the role you will bu using air assisted paint spraying systems.
* Read and assess production information for required specification details, working in an organised manner to ensure the task is completed efficiently, to the correct standard and within the necessary time frame.
* Conduct basic quality control checks.
* Prepare, including masking, and apply paint to a range of trailers to a high standard.
* Communicate with the Senior Sprayer to ensure paint and consumable stocks are readily available as required.
* Apply masking tape over parts and areas that are not to be coated.
* Fills cavities and dents with putty to attain smooth surface.
* Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired colour, according to specifications, using paddle or mechanical mixer.
* Pours coating liquid into spray container and connects gun to air-hose, using wrenches.
* Turns sprayer valves and nozzle to regulate width and pressure of spray according to knowledge of painting technique.
* Direct spray onto work surface to apply prime or finish coat.
* Coats areas inaccessible to hand sprayer, using brush.
* Cleans spraying equipment and brushes with solvent.
* Experience using the tools and equipment used in paint spraying.
* General knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of paint spraying.
* Skill in the use and care of hand and power tools and equipment necessary to spray.
* Ability to perform manual labour for extended periods of time as required by work assignments.
* Good interpersonal skills
* Good manual dexterity requires the ability to handle a variety of items such as hand tools.
* Experience in the spraying of commercial vehicles is desirable
Monday - Friday: 7am - 3:30pm (Optional overtime available, paid at additional rates)
Rate of pay:
What's in it for you?
* Great career progression opportunities
* Great working conditions
* Onsite canteen
* Available overtime (paid at additional rates)
PLEASE APPLY NOW FOR THIS FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY!
IMMEDIATE START DATES AVAILABLE FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE!
Clarico acts as an employment agency in relation to permanent roles and an employment business in relation to temporary roles. To learn more about us visit our website.
If you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume you haven’t been successful on this occasion. Thank you for taking the time to apply, we wish you every success in your job search