Head of Tax
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Head of Tax
Reporting to the Director of Group Finance, we're looking for a tax specialist to join the group to develop our in-house tax capability.
You'll be responsible for all aspects of the Group Tax function including managing the Group's tax compliance, operations and policies. You'll be the subject matter expert, the internal go-to person for all things tax, and the liaison and relationship holder with external advisory bodies.
This is a standalone role at present, operating in a senior advisory capacity to the organisation, and actively managing tax affairs with HMRC and managing other external relationships.
What we're looking for:
* A high level of technical Tax competence to allow recognition as the subject matter expert in this field
* Significant, demonstrable post-qualification experience, having trained with a top tier firm
* An understanding of the construction and civil engineering industry, and a knowledge of CIS may be advantageous
* Experience of working with both UK and Irish tax authorities would be beneficial
* Have preferably spent time in both Practice and Industry, in a commercial environment
* Strong focus on controls and governance, process implementation, continuous improvements and excellent stakeholder management skills
J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, multi-disciplined engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure.
Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, Murphy provides better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; water; power; natural resources; and construction & property.
Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses - Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Highways & Streetworks; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities
£40k - £45k Annual
£70k - £80k Annual
£70k - £75k Annual
£300 - £350 Daily