Assistant Project Manager
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA’s deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Project Manager to support a multi-disciplined team in the delivery of several production contracts containing both development and series manufacturing elements. This is an excellent opportunity to join the UK Manufacturing team as part of the product development and support team at Stevenage supporting multi programme requirements. It is an exciting time to be joining the wider UK Manufacturing team as it prepares for future business demands.
What we are looking for?
- An Assistant Project Manager with some previous experience in the delivery of fixed cost programmes, of significant value, within a matrix organisation. Experience within an engineering or production environment would be of preference.
- A natural communicator, able to build strong relationships, with experience in influencing multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and tenacious individual who can prioritise tasks by understanding business needs as well as managing the day-to-day tactical decisions
- Proven track record in the application of Project Management skills at assistant level in a relevant business environment.
What\'s in it for you?
- This role will provide many stimulating challenges, personal development opportunities and the chance to influence business decisions.
- MBDA values its employee’s personal and professional development and therefore provides opportunities for both on the job training, e-learning and classroom learning in a variety of technical and managerial subjects.
- The opportunity to gain professional accreditation via the PMI
- As part of a multi-national you will have the opportunity to travel on a regular basis both within the UK and internationally.
What you would get
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
- Planning, facilitating and providing support to the success of large scale production contracts, associated with high technology products to schedule, cost and quality.
- Developing and maintaining key relationships with internal customers and key subcontractors.
- Preparation of accurate progress reporting against all aspects of project performance.
- Assisting in tendering/bidding activities associated with follow on production contracts.
- Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of contract risk and opportunity plans/budgets.
- Communicating consolidated project/programme requirements to a multi-disciplined team to safeguard product delivery.
What’s great about the team?
- The successful candidates will be joining an established and focused team that are working hard towards several key milestones that will result in a major development and manufacturing contract.
- The project team is ready to welcome an intelligent and motivated Assistant Project Manager that can ensure Customer and clients expectations and needs are exceeded on a consistent basis.
- Manufacturing UK prides itself in providing the ultimate application of manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the whole lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, , and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
£40k - £45k Annual
£23k - £27k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual
£28k - £29k Annual
£25 - £28 Annual