Production Project Manager
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principle mission is to ensure that MBDA’s deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality.
We have an opportunity for a high calibre and experienced Project Manager to lead a multi-disciplined team in the delivery of production contracts containing both development and production elements.
What are we looking for?
- Accomplished and ambitious Project Manager with a proven track record in the delivery of fixed cost programmes, of significant value, within a matrix organisation. Experience within an engineering or production environment would be of preference.
- Substantial experience at a senior level, interfacing with key customers and company directors in order to respond to complex situations and effectively influence key stakeholders.
- A natural leader and communicator, able to build strong relationships, with experience in driving multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and tenacious individual who can prioritise and understand strategic business needs as well as managing the day-to-day tactical decisions
- Preferably educated to degree level or possessing project management accreditation from a professional body, but alternatively candidates with significant and relevant experience will be considered.
What\'s in it for you?
- The role will provide many stimulating challenges, personal development opportunities and the chance to influence decisions at senior levels
- MBDA values its employee’s personal and professional development and therefore provides opportunities for both on the job training, e-learning and classroom learning in a variety of technical and managerial subjects.
- The opportunity to gain professional accreditation via the PMI.
- As part of a multi-national you will have the opportunity to travel on a regular basis both within the UK and internationally.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
- Planning, facilitating and taking accountability for the success of large scale production contracts, associated with high technology products to schedule, cost and quality.
- Developing and maintaining key relationships with customers and key subcontractors.
- Ensuring accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of project performance up to director level.
- Project Managing a multi-disciplinary team to safeguard product delivery.
- Assisting in tendering/bidding activities associated with follow on production contracts.
- Preparing and maintaining contract risk and opportunity plans/budgets.
- Managing and developing a small team of aspiring/assistant Project Managers.
What’s great about the team?
- The successful candidate will be joining an established and focused team that is working hard towards several key milestones that will take a high technology product through its development phase into series production.
- The respective project teams are ready to welcome an intelligent and motivated Project Manager that can ensure Customer and client expectations and needs are exceeded on a consistent basis.
- Manufacturing UK prides itself in providing the ultimate application of manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the whole lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)