Hardware / Software Technician
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Supporting customers through remote diagnosis and deciding strategies on how to proceed with repairs/support.
* Learn about company products and working applications to be able to provide first and second line support to clients and users.
* Liaising with the Engineering department to provide continuous feedback in order to improve product design and reliability.
* There will be some requirement to assist with day to day activities, commensurate with your capabilities, within the company, particularly Repairs and Test departments.
* Working through a list of prioritised support tickets to provide an efficient and professional service to end users.
* Supporting field services, in a ‘hands-on’ role that may require international travel.
Skills and Experience
Familiarity with sampling theory and cybernetics (control theory)
Working knowledge of digital and analogue electronics
Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering
Practical knowledge of electrical troubleshooting methods and equipment
Problem solving mind-set
Engineering degree, or equivalent
Effective interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent self-organisation skills and ability to manage priorities
Basic knowledge of networking, electronics and control theory
Good background of maths and physics
Knowledge of networking (IP / WiFi / GSM / serial)
Knowledge of programming in at least one language
Ability to work on own initiative in order to develop the team
Experience of providing support externally to international client base
Interest in Earth Science
Multilingual, could be beneficial
Good understanding of technical English
Knowledge in mechanics and Linux basic commands
Demonstrable Character Traits
* Confidence in dealing with people from all levels of business
* Logical thinker
* Excellent communication skills, both internally and with customers
* Proactive and self-motivated
* Willingness to learn and develop
* High level problem solving ability
* Energetic and self-motivated
* Able to manage multiple priorities under pressure
* Can work both independently or within a team
* Eager to learn
* Unbounded enthusiasm
Additional Points that count in your favour
* Practical hobbies and personal interests will likely reflect a practical nature
* Multilingual capability could be beneficial
Customer support. Service engineer. Networks specialist. System integrator. Applications engineer. Product manager.
Competition or target companies
High value, low volume niche high technology, such as;
Scientific instrumentation, Medical equipment manufacturing