Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
RDR are recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to be based in Liverpool. This is a full-time temporary leading to permanent role working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8:00 - 16:30. On offer is £14.90 per hour.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the preventative and reactive maintenance of the primary heating systems at the site. This is an important role within the workflow process; the person will be actively involved in developing detailed knowledge, ensuring compliance, and the maintenance of the core plant and equipment at the site.
Key responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer role:
* To understand the working of mechanical heating systems.
* Diagnose and repair faults of the system and its component plant and equipment.
* To deal with new situations as they arise and pass on knowledge to others.
* To inform the immediate Supervisor of any delays or difficulties encountered.
* To be familiar with working in engineering areas and environments - taking all safety measures to prevent danger, damage and avoid injury.
* Knowledge of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and the correct use of the same.
* To be available, within reason, to work at short notice, out of normal hours, in emergency situations.
* To be aware of the sensitive surroundings of a Live Acute Hospital and the patrons of the same.
* To be aware of the criticality of the heating system and the requirement to maintain full operation at all times.
* To be knowledgeable in the control of legionella in water systems (HSE Books L8) and statutory Water Regulations
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience for the Mechanical Engineer role:
* City & Guilds (or equivalent) Mechanical qualifications.
* Indentured apprenticeship or equivalent training.
* Understanding of mechanical and electrical aspects of plant, systems and equipment.
* CHP experience would be advantageous.
* Experience of work with up LTHW/MTHW to 4-megawatt boilers.
* Ability to use hand tools, associated trade tools, equipment and machinery for maintenance, repair and minor improvement/new work to the required standard.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Good understanding of Health and Safety(IOSH or NEBOSH preferred)
Free staff parking onsite
Uniform and tools provided - including PPE
How to Apply:
Please apply directly for the Mechanical Engineer vacancy.
Due to the high volume of applicants we will not contact unsuccessful applicants at screening process.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. RDR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community