Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: Elland, HX5 0EE, West Yorkshire.
Salary: £24,000-£27,000 (dependant on skills and experience).
Contract: Monday to Friday or 09:00 - 17:00 (flexible to be agreed) (inc up to ½ hour for lunch) 37.5 hours working week.
At Checkmate Fire we pride ourselves on being the UK’s leading passive fire protection specialist, supplying a comprehensive range of third-party accredited installation and compliances services to public and private sector organisations across the country. We consistently deliver passive fire solutions to the highest standards, on time and on budget, giving our customers peace of mind that their estates are safe and legally compliant.
Whatever our clients passive fire protection problems are and whatever type of building they are responsible for; our vastly experienced team will know how to remedy them with minimal disruptions to day to day operations.
About the role
Expansion has led to the need to solidify our processes to enhance how we respond to new business opportunities. The role will be one primarily providing administrational support to the existing Business Development Manager and Chief Commercial Officer in the response to tender opportunities.
Working within a vibrant, small support team from our Head Office in Elland we are seeking an experienced Bid Co-ordinator – the role may also suit those seeking Bid Writer, Tender Co-ordinator roles.
Reporting directly to the Chief Commercial Officer, in a business that is growing and evolving at a significant pace, you will become a key part in the businesses ongoing commercial success.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a professional and efficient (flexible) administrative service to the Sales team Nationally. The role is unlikely to require any travel, except on rare occasions and is office based.
Main duties of the role
• To assist in the development and delivery of all bids and projects, ensuring pre-qualification questionnaires and all tender documentation are completed.
• To draft and review bid submission content, ensuring all bids are submitted on time and fully compliant with the requirements.
• Ensure all proposals are formatted and comply with company brand guidelines, customer requirements and follow internal quality guidelines.
• Analyse the client’s documents to ensure the responses being created respond implicitly to the questions being asked.
• Coordinate clarification questions, forward to client and monitor responses.
• Maintain bid information on CRM database and ensure the information accurately reflects the opportunity status
• Work with BDM’s to complete all standardised information and to co-ordinate bespoke responses to more technical questions.
• Coordinate the production of information packs for company enquiries or general information mailouts
• Maintain and develop bid control library
• Work with tender portals such as OJEU and monitor incoming RFI’s, Prequalification’s and RFQ’s across the company workstreams.
• To identify market trends, and commonly occurring themes requested by clients in order to advise BDM’s or stakeholders on development work to improve tender responses.
• To develop product expertise to understand best fit opportunities to be highlighted to BDM’s
• To ensure that material is grammatically correct, well-researched, and without spelling mistakes.
• To carry out, when required, marketing and business development research under the guidance of the BDM’s
• To work with the Marketing team to bring new ideas and proposals to teams from time to time, to keep the bid material fresh and compelling
• To follow up applications in a timely manner, ensuring further requests for information are submitted effectively
• Other ad hoc administrative tasks commensurate with the level of the post
What we need from you
• At least one years’ experience in a similar position
• Ideally suited to someone who has worked in tender driven environments, who understands the process of responding to public and private sector bidding
• The role is particularly of interest to someone who is not only able to respond but also interrogate responses to questions, challenging the sales teams to create compelling responses to bids
• The role would suit somebody used to working to tight deadlines.
• A person who seeks to develop their skills and knowledge to potentially develop into a future bid writer.
• A sociable person who likes to work in a small but busy office environment
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this rile then apply today