Senior Manufacturing Planner
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA’s deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Manufacturing Planner to join our team at Bolton. You will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of logistic planning activities for manufacturing to achieve project programmes to time, cost and quality.
What are we looking for?
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good man management skills (Desirable)
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- Sigfnificant demonstrable production control experience
- ONC or relevant experience
What’s in it for you?
The role will provide many stimulating challenges and personal development opportunities. MBDA values its employee’s personal and professional development and therefore provides opportunities for both on the job training, e-learning and classroom learning in a variety of technical and managerial subjects, the opportunity exists to create both movement and development opportunities across the Logistics skill pool as we begin on our journey to embrace Functional excellence, this will deliver many training requirements that will further stimulate our staff in our drive to achieve benchmark logistics practice across Manufacturing UK.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
- Maintaining the manufacturing bill of materials and project manufacturing strategy, including make/buy venue/policy
- Co-ordination of Logistics Co-ordinators and Manufacturing Controllers employed in the planning, maintenance and delivery of detailed parts and assemblies, in line with the manufacturing master schedule
- Manage and schedule all work through the manufacturing facilities
- Manage the efficient use of storage space
- Monitor topical knowledge of inventory holdings
- Review potential work, compile bids and estimates
- In association with Procurement suggest alternative supply/venue if not loaded to Manufacturing (UK)
- Identify and implement process improvement for the business
- Assessment of Task Directives, new or amended orders and their effect on inventory and programmes – subsequently achieving task directive requirements
- Proactive involvement in the development of deployed staff
- Co-ordination for effective non-conformance management controls
- Safeguard Health & Safety for all deployed resources within areas of responsibility in accordance with company procedures and current legislation
What’s great about the team?
We’re passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our client’s expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team. You will be leading a dynamic, focussed team responsible for delivering a benchmark logistics service in support of the newly established Equipment’s Business servicing multiple customers both internal and external to MBDA Bolton, the opportunity to interact with other business units with the view to develop best practice across our state of the art facility at Bolton will be key to our continued success.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)