Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
North East England
Capita's leading North East England based client is looking to secure the services of a Product Manager/Owner for a 6 months contract to start ASAP.
As a Product Manager/ Owner, you will be required to:
· Work with the team to create and run one or more outstanding digital services that meet well-defined user needs, in line with the Digital by Default Service Standard;
· Work with the Digital Service Manager to develop and communicate the overall vision of the product being developed;
· Work with business analysts, user researchers and designers to turn usage data, user research outputs and user feedback into actionable insights that drive service design and prioritisation of service improvements for digital and assisted digital channels;
· Use agile methodologies to identify near-term and long-term priorities, work with your Agile Delivery Manager/Scrum Master to maximise visibility of those plans, and enable your team to release frequent service improvements that deliver real value for users;
· Direct the development of user-driven prototypes to test potential new features with users in order to explore potential improvements to the existing service;
· Prioritise and maintain the Product backlog, collaborating with Business Analysts and Developers to create and refine user stories that deliver valuable digital services;
· Ensure the maximum possible take-up of your digital service and specify/manage the requirements for assisted digital activity to supplement this;
· Actively participate in networking and training with Service Managers (inside and outside government) and share agile best practice and learning;
· Build resilience and responsiveness in the organisation by being open and honest about risks and challenges and the actions required to address unexpected developments;
· Keep continually abreast of changes to user habits, preferences and behaviours across various digital platforms, and their implications for successful delivery of digital services.
Skills and Experience
· Agile Product Manager and Owner background and career history
· Proven leadership in the design, delivery and operational management of high quality, user-focused digital services
· Practical experience of user centred design and user needs analysis.
· A demonstrable understanding of the digital landscape and the opportunities for service improvement and innovation offered by digital technology.
· Demonstrable experience of current agile project management practices.
If you feel you have the relevant experience, please submit and up to date CV for immediate consideration.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy