Field Service Engineer
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
The successful applicant will ensure any work is carried out in a safe manner with due regard to the customer’s and PHS’s procedures, and will be based in the Manchester / Liverpool area.
* To liaise with the call controllers and/or Line Manager / senior engineer to provide the best service to the customers.
* The engineer is expected to help plan their daily work to maximize customer service, achieve the highest standards and productivity using electronic and verbal communications as appropriate.
* The engineer should always try and take ownership of engineering issues so that the customer is provided with good service.
* Engineers are expected to achieve targets set by their Line Manager and be aware of all customer service level agreements and aim to adhere to them always.
* Maintain confidentiality and discretion always.
* Carry out any reasonable task deemed necessary.
* May be required to work out of area during periods of varying workload volumes and during engineer shortages which can require overnight stays.
* Always carry your ID and any Health and Safety accreditation (cards) when at work.
Records and Documentation
* To accurately and clearly complete all paperwork / electronic data as required by phs Wastekit or the customer according to the company procedures.
* Accurately record time, parts used and any other details either electronically or manually as required.
* Prompt action should be taken to ensure replacement parts are acquired to replenish van stock or parts specially ordered to return to a breakdown being mindful of any customer SLAs.
* Pass on any new business leads to sales department.
* Shall have good fault-finding and diagnostic skills
* To be able to understand hydraulic and electrical circuit diagrams.
* Will be able to show and apply sound knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic principles
* Can use and understand various electrical and hydraulic test equipment
* Be aware of the Company’s procedures, and adhere to them always.
* To pass on any technical knowledge that may help other engineers.
* Use good engineering practice and standards always.
* Update engineering knowledge when able.
* Always use cost effective but safe measures to carry out tasks
* Can work with the minimum of supervision
* To attend meetings and training courses as required by your Line Manager.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS.
* Ideally from a service engineering / electrical or hydraulic background. With an ability to demonstrate the skill of fault finding.
* City & Guilds electrical and mechanical engineering.
* Competent in the use of electrical and hydraulic test equipment.
* A sound knowledge of single and three phase electrical equipment and hydraulic circuits.
* Competent to work on electrical and hydraulic circuits
* A mature disciplined approach and good personal administrative and customer care skills.
* 17th edition electrical regulations / City & Guilds electrical and mechanical engineering
£30k - £38k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£32k - £38k Annual
£25k - £27k Annual
£38.2k - £38.2k Annual
£24k - £26k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£28k - £28k Annual
£35k - £42k Annual