Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
From its operating bases in Aberdeen, Glasgow, Newcastle and the UAE, Glacier Machining Solutions offers specialist services in all aspects of onsite machining delivery, performed by a team of highly skilled technicians. Glacier has established itself an industry leading onsite solutions provider. With its excellent service delivery competence and machine design and manufacturing capability, it can offer its clients a range of bespoke onsite machining solutions.
With an exciting period of growth forecast for the business over the next 12 months, we are looking out for dedicated and talented individuals and self-employed site machinists to join our team of highly skilled onsite machinists. To be successful, applicants must be extremely responsive to customer requirements and work to the highest standards of safety and quality. In addition, candidates must be skilled in the following areas and be available to travel to sites across the UK and overseas, in both onshore and offshore locations.
Required Skills & Experience
* Compact Flanges SPO & Norsok, Hub Type Connectors, Ring type joints (RX / BX Type), Taperlock, ‘O’ Rings & Specials, all sizes and class using inside and outside diameter mounted flange facing type machines. Be competent in the use of inspection measuring equipment and Inspection report writing.
* Exchanger partition bars on channel covers, covers, channel ends and tube sheets, motor/pump beds levelling, Milling of key ways and slotting work scopes. Radial Milling and special application experience.
Pipe Cutting and End prepping
* Pipe cutting single angle and multi angle weld preparations. Transitions both counter boring, outside diameter turning. All diameters, all wall thickness and all materials including clad pipework.
Boring / Drilling
* Able to use line boring equipment to achieve accurate sizes & surface finish.
* Drilling and tapping of holes including stud removal on various plant equipment. Cold Tapping using tank type cutters and special fixtures adaptor solutions, Trepanning of pipework and plates structures