Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Location, Marston Green Solihull
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organisation, as well as our engineers -- a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
At Collins Aerospace, our Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) UK facility Marston Green providing specialist technical support of Hydro-mechanical Fuel Control Units for the Aerospace industry globally.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities
* Produce and control detailed investigation plans/activities across all repair facilities.
* Provide Technical support for the resolution of issues regarding fuel control units, tooling and test equipment to all repair facilities globally.
* Produce and maintain Technical documentation controlling the assembly and test processes.
* Provide training to Technicians on assembly and test of fuel control units.
* Provide assistance to support any of the items of test equipment currently in use in either Engineering or Production.
* Manage the introduction change into the business. Issued tech data or hardware.
* Work with the Original equipment manufacturer validating drafts of new technical data.
Essential Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
* Qualified to HNC/HND Degree level in Hydro-mechanical Engineering or relevant experience.
* Problem-solving and analytical skills for dealing with repairs.
* Meticulous attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
* The ability to cope with new demands and new problems to be solved.
* Good communication skills and must be able to work as part of a team or individually.
* Strong technical knowledge of mechanical and fluid systems and manufacturing processes