Quality Assurance Team Manager
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
The Quality Assurance Team Manager role at Willis Towers Watson serves as an integral member of a global Agile Product Development team to design, build, test and deliver Willis Towers Watson’s technology products to our external and/or internal clients.
This role works with Willis Towers Watson’s proprietary and/or industry-leading systems and applications and ensures these are designed and built according to agreed-upon technical specifications and quality standards. You will lead a forward-thinking and technology focused Quality Assurance team that seeks to leverage the latest emerging trends in the field of software testing to deliver Willis Towers Watson products to the market place.
* Passionate commitment to help team develop high quality products within agreed-upon release dates.
* Helps team self-manage towards development and innovation, guided by the stakeholders’ expectation.
* Contributes to team innovation activities, requested prototyping or research and development activities.
* Helps team understand and embody the Product vision and business needs for a successful, low-defect, on-time product release.
* Work in a collaborative manner within a high-pressure environment to develop key relationships
* Builds and support a culture of trust and transparency where collaboration is fostered within the Scrum teams and with the Program and Product Managers to work towards a common business goal.
* Supports team members across geographical locations.
* Actively participates in Scrum Ceremonies.
* Identify key improvements continually to help drive efficiencies
* Fosters a culture where risks and issues are managed at the lowest responsible level by communicating and collaborating with team members.
* Supports building a Community of Practice to enhance continual learning.
* Helps team members serve as a champion of quality for their scrum team and helps support the QA Community of Practice, knowledge sharing sessions, lunch & learn, brown bag sessions, and other learning sessions.
* Constant pursuit of improving team velocity and efficiency, allowing effective release planning and diagnostics for the team.
* Leads the team in assessing opportunities to strengthen definition of done that gets the team closer to delivering working software at the end of every sprint.
* Helps team members self-organize and apply cross-functional competencies to create high-value products.
* Pursues continual growth related to the business domain within the respective line of business.
* Embraces and continuously improves Agile knowledge and skills.
* Actively advances technical skills through participation in online, instructor-led or self-taught training.
* Helps coach team members to continually develop deep functional skills while exploring cross-functional skills.
* Actively practices emotional intelligence (empathy, self-awareness, self-motivation, self- management) on project teams and throughout the enterprise.
* Advocates improving quality during all stages of software development.
* Helps support and maintain goal of continuous and daily automated test execution and review of failed tests.
* Helps scrum team in understanding appropriate tests to automate that will get the team closer to the goal of delivering working software to production at the conclusion of every sprint.
The essential skills/experience for this position are:
* Exceptional level of experience in software development relevant experience leading or managing an Agile Software Quality Assurance team
* Demonstrated ability of leading a globally dispersed QA team located in the UK, India and Philippines
* Track record of delivering high profile programmes within the finance industry
* Managed a budget over £1M+
* Creation of a Testing COE
* Experience with leading large QA teams of 50+ in size
* Ability to work across time zones as projects require support and guidance
* Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance standards including expertise in manual testing, automated testing, and familiarity with load/performance testing
* Accountable for all aspects of Quality Assurance including the release of applications with high quality, setting quality standards, status reporting, and learning, development, and mentoring of QA associates
* Be a thought leader in the field of Quality Assurance and help shape and align department processes and procedures to meet delivery expectations
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of SDLC process. Experience in Agile/Scrum framework is required.
* Advanced knowledge of tools and techniques used in both manual and automated testing
* Must have strong skills in assessing and building talent: maintaining, recruiting, selecting, training, coaching, and motivating staff
* Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and must be able to communicate with a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
* Excellent leadership and organizational skills, great attention to detail, and a results driven approach
* Maintains high ethical standards. Enforces rules, guidelines, and policies fairly and equally across all levels of the organization and expects staff to adhere to the same
* Active and attentive listening skills
* Develop and nurture key relationships with all critical stakeholders and partners to facilitate effective communication, manage expectations, and deliver results
* Anticipate program testing and release problems and take corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments
* Develop, manage, report, and use Quality Assurance metrics to identify areas for performance improvement
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
£10 - £10 Hourly
£65k - £75k Annual