Procurement Category Manager
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
An exciting development opportunity has arisen within the UK Supply Chain function at my clients Preston site for a Procurement Category Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will develop to effectively manage a number of supply categories across UK operations in support of the requirements of the Business, in line with BDR Thermea and the UK Procurement strategies.
The role will focus on achieving the required levels of quality and service from suppliers whilst delivering a competitive cost advantage to the business on both existing and new product variants.
As Procurement Category Manager, you will:
· Develop documented individual category/supplier plans to include cost analysis, alternative supplier/supply solutions, supplier development plan, risk analysis etc.
· Manage negotiations with all Category suppliers to ensure key financial targets and other key performance indicators are achieved
· Establish strong working relationships with all cross functional Group and Local stakeholder, especially R&D, Quality, Product Management, Finance and Operations
· Ensure that key safe behaviors of the UK business are incorporated into the full supply chain and its personnel.
· Have the passion and drive
· Knowledge, skills and experience required:
· Possible experience or suitable skills and desire to work within a Category Management role
· Knowledge and/or experience within high volume manufacturing and areas of supply
· Will develop the ability to deliver change and innovate improvements within supplier relationship management, as well as achieve demonstrable improvements in quality, reliability and cost management/improvement
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, capable of working both individually and within a team, organised, and someone who has an excellent eye for detail