Technical Internal Sales Engineer
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
We are looking for a Technical Sales Engineer on behalf of our client who have been (and still are!) delivering outstanding service and results for over 30 years; they are experts in their field, manufacturing and delivering temperature measurement solutions to a variety of sectors including aerospace, automotive and glass industries. All products are researched, designed and thoroughly tested to the highest quality to ensure performance levels are met and the best level of service is provided to customers.
As a Technical Sales Engineer, you will be working within the UK Internal Sales Team – a modern, open plan office with a fantastic and knowledgeable team.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with prior industry experience. You’ll be constantly communicating with customers and internal teams, effective written and verbal communication skills are key – and not just communicating, but also consulting with your customer; guiding them towards a sale, liaising with your internal colleagues to ensure performance levels are high and orders are accurate. You will develop, own and manage your customer accounts – using your interpersonal and consultative selling skills to open and develop opportunities with customers.
* Customers will need your technical expertise and guidance, particularly in the first contact – you’ll be required to welcome and handle incoming customer enquiries, these could be via telephone or email.
* Prequalify customers’ technical and commercial requirements.
* If you’re doing the first steps right, your customer is going to want quotations – an integral part of the process is, of course, to produce and provide clear, concise and accurate quotations.
* As a sales person you’ll know that if you’ve quoted, you need to follow up on this opportunity – you might need to do a bit of negotiating here to close the sale.
* Stay organised – prioritise your work load and manage your own prospect or customer pool, whilst keeping your supervisor up to date with things.
* You will need to liaise closely with other departments to develop and improve customer performance – had some constructive comments from a customer? Feed it back.
* Carrying our contracts reviews to ensure the processing of orders is accurate
* Own and manage customer accounts including database maintenance and adherence to credit control procedures.
* You will be given the tools and training to succeed. Enhancing your product knowledge via formal training, or on the job training, is a huge part of your role.
Qualification & Profile:
* You will need to be confident on the phone, a good telephone manner is key to opening that relationship from first customer contact. Excellent writing skills are equally important.
* It would be fantastic if you are educated to HNC level, or if you have a relevant industry qualification.
* Prior work experience in the heat treatment industry – experience with thermocouples or temperature measurement instrumentation would be absolutely ideal.
* The drive and ambition to succeed and provide exception customer service.
* Able to work under pressure – as you’ll know, sales can be very target driven. You will need to work well or even flourish under pressure.
What’s in it for you?
Generous holiday allowance, workplace pension and a 37.5 hour working week. Not forgetting the opportunity to succeed with an industry leading business.
If this role sounds ideal for you then please apply online today or call Georgia at Forde for further information
Forde Recruitment is part of the Forde Recruitment Group. This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Forde Recruitment Ltd who in this instance are operating as an Employment Business. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion and continue to search on our website for future vacancies
£45k - £50k Annual
£27k - £30k Annual
£15 - £15 Hourly
£32k - £32k Annual