Area Site Technician
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
After a recent, large UK wide contract win, they now have the need for an experienced Area Site Technician to join the company to work on one of their major UK contracts.
* This is a key position, carrying out planned and reactive maintenance across a number of site locations across London
* You will be the first line in all maintenance issues throughout your allocated sites. You may be required to request specialist attendance following initial call out.
* The purpose of this role is to carry out technical repairs and PPM’s. You will ensure that all technical and compliance paperwork is completed and up to date at all times.
* All work will be completed to the highest standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with all Health and Safety legislation.
* Complete the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule within agreed timescales and to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately.
* Respond promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as and where necessary.
* Prioritise maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed timescales and response times.
* Deliver reactive and planned fire alarm system maintenance
* Conduct emergency lighting tests and repairs
* Follow purchase order process.
* Identify non-repairable faults in plant and machinery and promptly advise the Line Manager of findings, with recommendations regarding suitable replacement.
* Ensure that compliance documentation is completed and up to date at all times
* Advise the on-site customer (manager) of any repair and maintenance issues that are likely to affect the smooth running of the site.
* Carry out surveys and complete reports as required by management.
* Carry out minor alterations and installations within the individual’s technical competence in accordance with current specifications.
* Complete general repairs and maintenance to customer sites as designated by management.
* Attend training courses as and where necessary and to ensure personal job skills keep pace with technical developments.
* Comply with the company Health and Safety Policy at all times.
* Represent the company in a professional manner at all times and develop a good working relationship with and customer employees
* You will be part of a 24/7 call out rota.
* Work with company and customer employees to ensure laid-down standards of quality are maintained at all times
* Comply with any other reasonable request or instruction from the management team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Educated to GCSE / Standard Grade level as a minimum, ideally NVQ Level 3/City and guilds 236 Part 1 + 2 or equivalent in electrical installation/Maintenance.
City and Guilds 2382 17th Edition or 18th edition(new).
3 phase electrics and its applications
Ability to maintain and repair a wide range of electrical and mechanical equipment
Quality of repairs and maintenance
Speed and efficiency of work
Response to service call requests within agreed response times
Achievement of PPM schedule within agreed timescales
Maintenance of the Health and Safety policy
Client and City colleague relationships and feedback
40 hours / week, typically Monday – Friday (Flexibility required 24/7) You will be part of a call out team. To ensure 24/7 cover.
If you are looking for a new challenge this year, the next step in your career and to work for an exciting, global organisation offering great benefits, then we are keen to hear from you
£35k - £35k Annual
£32k - £32k Annual
£32k - £32k Annual
£32k - £32k Annual