Product Data Analyst
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
TVS Supply Chain solutions operate a bespoke in house Product Data Management system (Msys.PDM) that houses all the technical information for our catalogues of parts and commodities that feed our Enterprise Resource Planning system (Msys.ERP)
The role of Product Data Analyst is to understand Msys.PDM and it's interaction with other Msys. 'core' modules (Demand Forecast Planning, ERP, Warehouse Management Systems etc), application functionality, defined business rules and workflow processes, part data stored in Msys.PDM (part number, part descriptions, part attributes (technical and marketing, product schemas etc.))
And then to understand the change management process, in accordance with client/supplier instructions, around part supersessions, including 'types' and 'grades', related parts and Cross-references.
Main duties & responsibilities:
* Manually and bulk-load part data to Msys.PDM for various TVS clients
* Change manage the life-cycle of a part in Msys.PDM
* Analyse client’s product data
* Analyse Bills of Material (BoM) in order to create aftermarket Service Bills of Material (sBoM)
* Look for process improvement and/or efficiencies in data handling
* Ensure data integrity across the whole function
* Provide assistance to the Technical Helpdesk to resolve dealer enquiries (arising from historical Parts information, vehicle build information and design change requests)
* Investigate supersession parts which may require research into the original designs (compared to new designs)
* Provide assistance to other departments in order to resolve manufacturing, stocking and quality queries
* Liaise with client representatives to resolve queries relating to product data
* provide assistance to third parties using the PDM system (when required)
* Using the workflow process in Msys.PDM, quality assures parts data created by third-party PDM users prior to promoting them to ‘released’ status.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
* Good communication skills (written and verbal)
* PC skills essential especially in Excel
* Process improvement capability
* Previous experience in data management
* Interpreting BoMs
* Building relationships with suppliers
* Understanding Health & Safety (H&S) and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) information
* Qualified to HND standard or equivalent with previous qualifications in Maths, Science and English.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
For an informal discussion about this role or to find out more about other positions at TVS please get in touch with Bill Porter, Recruitment Manager on (phone number removed)
TVS are world leading specialists in transforming supply chain and logistics, implementing innovative efficiency solutions and improving process visibility to deliver improved performance and reduced operating costs.
Our clients operate in diverse sectors such as Defence, Utilities, Automotive and Beverage but they all have time-sensitive, business critical missions to deliver and TVS are an essential and integral component in their performance - with our help they achieve their business goals.
Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer