Development and Bespoke Projects Researcher
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: Basildon - SS15 6EF
Salary: £17k - £18k DOE
Employment Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Why do we want you?
We want you because you're an inquisitive researcher / telephone researcher who loves to learn. Not only do you have experience of investigating and researching but you also have fantastic copywriting skills and love putting your research into written form. You're looking for a role that allows you to speak to people about hot topics within the healthcare sector. This is a role where you can use your research to really make a positive difference to peoples lives.
Wilmington Healthcare, part of Wilmington plc, is a market leading provider of healthcare data, education, news and information resources with outstanding analytics capabilities. We provide our clients with market leading insight into local health economies, complemented by increased access to senior health stakeholders and the wider NHS enabling improved outcomes for patients. Our leading insight and news service, the Health Service Journal, provides the most influential people in health with vital intelligence, analysis and advice.
Join our teams in London and Basildon to be part of our exciting journey.
Main Purpose of Role
You will be using your telephone and web researching skills to gain information and provide insights on the NHS, Pharamceutical and Life Sciences industries.
Internally we call this role a 'Bespoke Project Researcher'. Why we hear you cry! Well, that's simple, it's because you will be involved in a real variety of projects meaning the research you'll be doing will be extremely varied.
You'll need to be someone who loves, and has experience in, collection and quality assurance of qualitative, and quantitative information using software such as Excel, Access and Word.
Confidence and an enjoyment of working on the phone and talking to people is essential as you'll be carrying out telephone, and desk research. Along with this, you will help with the end to end research process into potential market products, including quoting, scoping and analysing and distributing the data you've gained to ensure it meets the overall objective of the research task.
You need to be someone who is experienced in tracking changes and developing core data to keep up to date with changes ideally relating to the NHS and other UK Healthcare structures and then using this data to highlight key areas of interest to the business and report on them accordingly.
GDPR is a key influencer in this role so experience of working with confidential data would be hugely beneficial.
An interest in healthcare and a familiarity with medical terminology would also be extremely helpful in this job.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills but to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to tick most of these boxes...
- A graduate or equivalent with a degree subject which required extensive research
- A background in a similar telephone based research role would be desirable, but not essential however you will need to be able to demonstrate experience of working with, and providing insight from, a range of information and data sources.
- To be able to demonstrable the ability to identify relevant information from various data sources to a high degree of accuracy (this will be assessed during the recruitment process)
- Proven experience of effective team working whilst also being comfortable and able to work autonomous and take personal responsibility for the successful completion of tasks
- Fluent verbal and written English language skills
- Ability to communication clearly and concisely and build strong relationships within complex structures and organisations
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively and deliver data and research in a timely and efficient manner
- To be able to integrate real world changes in the NHS (and UK devolved & ROI healthcare) into key core WH data sets
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft software packages such as: Excel, Word and Access and working with databases
Ideally, but not essentially, you will have experience or an understanding of:
- Web and document based research
- The NHS, devolved and Republic of Ireland healthcare structures and sectors
- Data protection principles, with particular reference to GDPR
“We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity