IT Infrastructure Team Leader
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
The key elements of the role will involve ensuring that the IT Infrastructure department runs securely & efficiently, driving forward new technologies.
This position requires both Leadership capability and 3rd line Datacentre infrastructure skills.
You will lead a team of mixed skill sets of 2 x engineers based in Huntingdon and 2 x Engineers based abroad, supporting the Head of IT Infrastructure in the day to day operations of the department.
Key technologies specifically VMware, HP storage, Veeam and innovations whilst investigating their suitability for use.
The IT Infrastructure Services Department
The department is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Infrastructure and IT systems and for providing efficient support to local IT support teams. The department is responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, enhancing and developing the IT provision within the business.
* Microsoft server and client
* Microsoft System centre - management, ticketing, monitoring and automation
* Cisco LAN, Wi-Fi, WAN
Your core responsibility is to build and Support the infrastructure underpinning the organisations Microsoft and Cisco IT infrastructure environment. You will be responsible for the end to end delivery of new virtual and physical commissioned servers and technologies.
This role reports to the IT Infrastructure Services Manager.
Essential Skills - Technologies
* Previous experience in a Team leader type role
* Proven experience of VMware vSphere 6.0 and upwards is essential
* SAN (storage) technologies – knowledge of HP P4500, VSA, and vSAN is an advantage
* Server maintenance, AV updating, auditing, security compliance
* Backup and disaster recovery
* Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2016.
* Experience with Server 2012R2/2016
* Diagnose, analyze and resolve software and hardware issues related to core Microsoft infrastructure.
* Experience of Liaising with other IT teams, Architects and Project Managers.
* Being able to apply hardware and operating system configurations to meet design specifications is essential.
* Have experience of providing recommendations to improve existing operational processes and procedures.
* O365, Exchange, SharePoint, Azure AD
* Certificate services
* Cisco LAN and ASA firewall
* System Centre CM, SM, OM, administration/configuration
* ISO 27001
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a “hands on” role within an exciting and ever changing environment.
You will be working in a partnership with local site IT Teams:
* Advising them how to use new IT solutions in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems.
* Improve the structure and efficiency of IT systems and IT infrastructures and enabling major business processes through enhancements of IT.
For more information contact Emma Crabtree at the Manchester office
£40k - £45k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£55k - £80k Annual