Business Development Manager - Engineering Steel
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
BelkavitzSloan are proud to work as a recruitment partner to a national distributor of steel and metals with full in-house processing facilities, a domestic and international customer base and a global reputation for service excellence. This company has strategically located warehouses and processing centres throughout the UK providing the geographical presence required to meet specific customer demands in some of the country’s most critical industry sectors. This company has a quality product portfolio with long established relationships with the premier producing mills throughout western europe and an integrated transportation network which facilitates a highly responsive and reliable delivery service.
Due to continued success and expansion, this company have a requirement for a Business Development Manager to join the company’s successful Engineering Steels division with a view to driving business throughout the south east and south west of England with a specific focus on Bristol and surrounding areas. This will be an autonomous sales role which will see the candidate report into a central stockholding facility once per week with the rest of the time spent visiting sits and driving new business from an external position.
Roles & Accountabilities
* Carry out regular visits to all contract & development customers in accordance with the agreed time lines.
* Generate strategic new business through project-based initiatives
* To produce quotations for customers based on pricing models formulated
* To develop contractual business from key strategic customers.
* To identify new opportunities for product development within designated market sectors.
* To understand added value opportunities
* To market the company brand through dialogue with the supply chain to gain intelligence about current projects and to understand the key sector drivers.
* To submit a monthly performance related report to the sales manager.
* The position will require frequent face-to-face contact with customers, also by telephone, fax or e-mail
* Overnight stays will also be expected to ensure effective sales coverage.
* To undertake additional duties as required.
* 7 – 10 years’ experience within the steel production or distribution industry with knowledge of Engineering Bar
* External Business Development experience selling into associated market sectors
* The ability to work autonomously