Posted on Jul 17, 2019 by CV-Library
As the Finance Assistant you will assist the Senior Finance Assistant and Finance Manager in managing, processing and troubleshooting the day to day financial activity of the business.
Duties will include:
* Process and prepare financial and business reports for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
* Posting & Authorising of purchase invoices and credit notes, raising Purchase Orders, petty cash ledger, expenses and credit card accounts and process payments using Sage Line 50
* Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the Senior Finance Assistant and Finance Manager
* Reconcile supplier statements and draft supplier payment runs
* Create, forward and follow up daily, weekly and monthly sales invoices using our industry-based software system (full training will be given).
* Perform regular credit control exercises to ensure timely receipt of overdue monies
* Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets and collect information and assist with preparation of payroll payments for employees including Pension and HMRC submissions using Government portals specific to our industry
* Answer questions, raise queries and provide assistance to customers and clients as required
* Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
* Previous experience of working in a finance or accountancy background essential
* Excellent mathematical skills, customer service skills and problem solving and analytical skills
* Good understanding of new data privacy standards (GDPR)
* Integrity & honesty with good solid communication skills, both written and verbal
* Familiarity with family business principles and practices an advantage but not essential
* Good level of adaptability to unplanned changes in workload and deadlines
* Superior attention to detail
* Good organisational & planning and critical thinking skills
* Good computer skills proven experience and good level of confidence with Sage Line 50, Microsoft Excel & Outlook
This Finance Assistant position is a Full-Time position. On offer is a salary of £20,000 - £22,000 (depending on experience). If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: accounts assistant, purchase ledger, accounts, finance, payments
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any other recruiting company who are working directly with Spider for recruitment advertising purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£17.5k - £18.5k Annual
£27k - £30k Annual
£19 - £19 Annual
£9.68 - £10.6 Hourly
£18k - £18k Annual
£27.6k - £30.8k Annual
£26k - £26k Annual
£24k - £24k Annual