Posted on Jul 17, 2019 by CV-Library
An interesting and unique opportunity has become available for a Facilities Manager working with an important company who are globally respected for being at the forefront of their field.
As Facilities Manager you will be reporting to the Senior Manager for Real Estate Services.
What we can offer you
A salary in excess of £35,000 per annum, 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, Private Healthcare, Company Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Employee Assistance Programme, Employee Assistance, Seasonal Tickets Loans, Long Service Awards, Discount Voucher Scheme, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Dental Plan, free Car Parking, Catering Facilities on site.
Core Responsibilities and Duties
As Facilities Manager you will be responsible for overseeing all building-related activities for the Swindon site as well as being responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are safe and well-functioning on a daily basis.
As Facilities Manager you will be well-organised and able to optimise the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs. Responsible for the front of house and management of reception. Overseeing and ensuring the business’s accommodation is problem-free and safe so that employees can work under the best conditions.
• Contract Management
• Contribute to shared calendar for sub-contracted work and PPM
• Facilitate Office IT set up / orders
• Support HSSE Champions in ensuring Swindon meets the Company safety and security standards
• Submitting and monitoring procurement Request to Purchase forms and IT DASH tickets
• Collaboration with Project Coordinator FM Services to share best practices and ensure parity in both locations, wherever possible
• Manage all HSSE Training within the NISC and produce / distribute TbT as required
• Event Planning (social, VVIP and prospective client visits)
• Induction Site Tour (new starters and refresher)
• Interaction / relationship with Real Estate Services (RES)
• Management of AV/Printer and IT infra and equipment
• Manage DSE requirements (post surveys) in consultation with HSSE team
• Key custodian for NISC
• Management of office etiquette
• Planning and coordinating all installations and refurbishments
• Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments
• Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
• Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
• Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
• Supervise all facilities staff such as Receptionist (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors
• Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
• Allocate office space according to needs
• Handle insurance plans and service contracts
• Keep financial and non-financial records – Staff travel and accommodation bookings
• Welfare audits and management of action plan for improvements
• Sustainability – Recycling, reporting on consumption and efficiencies
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Well-versed in facilities management best practices
• Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Good analytical/critical thinking
• Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFM) will be an advantage
For further information or to apply please contact Lisa Darbyshire on (phone number removed) or email
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £55k Annual
£36k - £38k Annual
£19 - £21.9 Hourly
£29k - £32k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£45k - £45k Annual
£42k - £45k Annual
£32k - £38k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual