2nd Line Network Engineer x4
Posted on Jul 17, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary: Up to £35,000 + Benefits
37.5 hours per week across Monday – Saturday
We are currently looking for x4 2nd Line Network Support Engineers.
This is an exciting and a unique opportunity to join a new Centre of Customer Service Excellence providing end to end service and support to our customers. You will be part of a talented team of Engineers passionate about delivering our brand promise and making life easier and better for every customer. Our Centre of Service Excellence has been born from the vision to transform the way we deliver technical service to our customers. You will be somebody with a passion for the customer for learning new skills and behaviours and who has a strong team ethic focussed on delivering excellent customer service. With the opportunity to be part of something new and exciting and focussed primarily on the customer there will be fantastic opportunities to develop and grow both interpersonally and technically. A good knowledge of networking in a Cisco environment is essential across both data and VoIP technologies and an understanding of Cisco contact centre will be helpful but the most important thing for this role is the customer mind-set. Situated in a custom designed, state of the art contact centre within easy access of the M62, you would be joining a new team at a really exciting time!
• Event Management 24/7 across complex customer solutions in the consumer, SMB & Enterprise areas of our business.
• Incident Management and technical resolution of services and support to all customers, Engineers and Field Service Engineers in line with contracted SLA agreements.
• In accordance with Service Operations Manuals / Operational Procedures and to high standards of customer satisfaction.
• To pro-actively manage our customer’s networks according to SLA, prioritisation, and service impact using a procedural discipline in a way that assumes authority to maintain network availability, security and performance.
• Respond to Customer Incidents by performing 2nd line support diagnostics, so as to resolve the fault and/or implement a workaround solution that meets SLA standards and customer needs , with occasional 1st Line support co-ordination duties.
• Ensure that all fault management systems (ITSM) are updated in a timely manner detailing levels of customer contact, diagnostics results and general direction setting in terms of resolution planning and expectations.
• Report, manage and progress incidents that are to be resolved by 3rd Party contractors / service partners.
• To liaise with manufacturers and customers during incident escalations (e.g. Cisco & Avaya) at a technical level, as part of technical escalation and resolution of Incidents.
• To assist the Change Management Team as and when requested and to advise of any changes that were implemented during Incident resolution process (retrospective changes).
• Maintain and develop currency and relevance of technical competence, with Avaya and Cisco, seeking and applying relevant training opportunities and best practice.
• Raise progress and monitor all escalations both internally and externally ensuring a satisfactory conclusion and timely updates to Stakeholders, facilitating seamless handover at key stages of incident progression.
• Provide feedback on services and procedures ensuring they are fit for deployment and meet ILS needs.
• Perform scheduled testing / backup operation and proactive work and check for completeness such that pro-active testing results in higher customer network availability.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge in relation to Customers, sites and equipment, providing prompt and accurate information, advice and technical guidance to Engineers, Field engineers, TSG/TAC Engineers, Third party service providers and other colleagues.
• To provide customer network statistics in terms of network performance to both internal staff and customers on their request
• Personal objectives
• Contribution to SLAs and KPIs
• Customer feedback measures
• Personal feedback measures
• Compliance measures
• Experience as a Datacoms / Telecom’s engineer in a Customer Service environment holding or having relevant experience at Cisco CCNA certification and / or applicable Network Support Specialist and/or equivalent customer experience is desirable - CCNA desirable but aptitude / attitude key
• WAN Protocols, Routing Protocols, Switching, IP Telephony, Voice, Security, DWDM
• ITIL Foundation in Service Operations
If you are interested in this role, can recommend anyone, or require further information please do not hesitate to contact Drew Derry on (phone number removed) or via email on