Underwriter, Property. Salary circa £30k
Posted on Jul 17, 2019 by CV-Library
We are looking for an Underwriter to join this expanding Property team.
This would be your chance to create your career in an exciting environment where anything is possible.
As an Underwriter, you will underwrite and develop business in accordance with the business plan.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to own and manage your own book of business.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
* Analysing the annual business plans in order to make strategic decisions for the portfolio
* Research and project work to support the planning process - identifying opportunities for growth
* Cultivating and maintaining positive relationships with agents and brokers
* Aligning with all regulatory requirements to ensure legal obligations are met
* Minimising risk and maximising efficiency by adhering to underwriting standards, instructions and good practice
* Properly recording and measuring insurance risks
* Working with vendors, brokers, and customers to negotiate rates, terms and conditions for existing and new business
* Producing and issuing contract certainty documentation
* Ensuring compliance with internal and external regulations and guidelines
* Reviewing and analysing the portfolio to identify progress toward business objectives
* Contributing to the aggregate management and peer review processes to encourage and develop excellence
A competitive salary and benefits package is offered