Business Development Manager
Posted on Jul 17, 2019 by CV-Library
A market leading IT Solutions provider based in Tyne and Wear.
Our client is a single source integrator of IT, Communication and Network Infrastructure solutions. Delivering a wide portfolio of products and services into one solution designed to simplify Blue chip clients IT, communication and security.
They provide Hosted & Cloud Services, IT Solutions, IT Support, Network Infrastructure, Network Security and Wireless Networks to SME (£5 mill t/o), mid-tier and well-established Journal Top 200 companies.
You will be a passionate Sales professional with a strong and proven track record demonstrated within a sales environment with the right shared common values. You will be self-motivated, tenacious and have a winning mentality to solution selling and be more than capable of managing your own workload.
Primarily the purpose of the BDM is to generate new business to meet/exceed the targeted level set by the business to creditworthy customers at authorised pricing. Ultimately it will be you’re responsibility to ensure that individual targets are achieved and you’re ability to manage your own work load and pipeline. On occasion you may be given the opportunity to service authorised key accounts and cross sell to bring in new business from these once you have found you’re feet.
Commissions are uncapped and career potential is exceptional for those with sufficient drive, determination and hunger for success.
* For this role you will use your solid B2B field sales experience along with your knowledge of managing and developing a customer base.
* You may also use prospect data from Marketing or leads from the business. This prospect data and the leads may change (either in part or in whole), therefore depending on the data, this should not be relied on as you would expect.
* Targets can be achieved from recurring agreements, solution sales and standalone wins.
* You will be authorised to sell any of the companies’ product portfolio and services once you have obtained the relevant training and/or qualifications or once you have sufficient experience in the product and service offering.
* Reporting directly into the Sales Director, you will have a number of additional responsibilities with regard to your role known as Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). The company will ensure that you are set up for success and understand the responsibilities of your role and to ensure that your performance is measured accordingly to these.
* You will be a proven Sales professional or Business Development Manager with a strong pedigree of performance as the “go to person” within your chosen IT or Communications field
* This role is not for someone who is struggling or is unsure if selling is for them
* New business and self-generation of appointments will be second nature to you as this is essential to any sales position and you would have crafted a long time ago
* Coming with a positive attitude and a personable character accustomed to working with different clients, including staff within the company is important.
* You will be accustomed to working with end-user decision makers such as IT managers, business managers (education), CEO’s and Directors
* You will be comfortable in discovery meetings and have excellent IT/presentation skills with an ability to demonstrate competent numeracy, literacy and organisational skills.
* You will be happy servicing the North East region so a full, clean driving licence and willingness to travel to client locations is essential.
* If you are an ethical individual committed to continual improvement, support of your fellow team mates and have the interpersonal skills we are looking for then we would really like to hear from you for this position.
This client is committed to encouraging growth and innovation, promoting a fun and friendly place to work and providing a supportive environment for all of their staff, whilst delivering on excellent customer service and exceeding in everything they do
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£180 - £180 Daily
£40k - £45k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£36k - £43k Annual
£32.5k - £35k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual