Lead Software Engineer
Posted on Jul 17, 2019 by CV-Library
About our client
Our client is a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, with significant international spectrum rights and a network covering over one billion people. The group has designed a launched a new generation of throughput Ka geostationary satellites, in order to address an estimated market opportunity of over $11 billion per annum across EMEA. These satellites, together with the group’s highly resilient Ground Earth Stations and proprietary Cloud software management system, are able to deliver levels of performance, service and resilience that have previously been unmatched in the industry. Our clients growing customer base includes many of the World’s leading telecom and media companies, together with government users, with civil and security requirements. The business is listed in London on AIM (AVM: LSE)
* To plan, design and develop applications that will be part of OSS/BSS ECO system
* Write clean, effective and high-quality code.
* Be involved in the whole lifecycle of projects: understanding contexts, suggesting ideas, planning, design, development, deployment, evolution and maintenance.
* To figure out the best design for a given solution, exploring our current systems, capabilities and limits, exchanging ideas with other Software Engineers, and implement it.
* Implement the solution using the choice of language and technologies – which at the moment includes PHP 6+ Symfony 2.8+ mainly.
* Use microservices, API clients or libraries using micro frameworks.
* Use the internal event sourcing solution and ESB that use Java.
* Use Python and Shell scripting for scripts.
* Develop with Docker and Git using a DDD approach where applicable.
* Test your code with PHPUnit, PHPSpec and Behat.
* Build your solution with Jenkins.
* Use other technologies in accordance with the needs of every system: Swagger, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, etc.
* Work autonomously sometimes and make decisions with minimal support.
* In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
* 5+ years of experience building web applications including:
* 5+ years’ experience in PHP 5.6+
* 3+ years using Symfony 2.8+
* 3+ years using microservices using micro frameworks.
* Our ESB use Java and Kotlin.
* They use Python and Shell scripting for scripts.
* They develop with Docker and Git using a DDD approach.
* They test with PHPUnit, PHPSpec and Behat.
* They build with Jenkins.
* They use other technologies in accordance with the needs of every system: Swagger, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, etc.
* You have a decent verbal and written English.
* You are willing to learn from others and share your knowledge with the team.
* Having front-end skills is a plus.
* You are motivated.
* Having Martin Fowler’s website as your default browser homepage and technical books on your nightstand is definitely a plus!
Our client offers highly attractive reward packages. They are aware of how integral their employees are to their progress, so they ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within the group in the UK, typical benefits can include:
* Competitive salary
* Life Insurance
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Private medical
* You will be giving ideas and improving the team’s environment and processes.
* You will be sharing new technical discoveries and talk about any field of interest during our fortnightly tech talks.
* Monthly hackathon is dedicated to side projects where you will be able to prototype solutions and/or explore different technologies on projects of your choice (or you could join another developer’s project).
* As we apply for patents for some of our work, if you were part of the team involved then you will have the opportunity to have your name in the patent.
Our client aims to be an equal opportunities employer and they would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Please be aware that as part of this process, we have taken on board the personal data which you have posted into the recruitment environment in order to be able to see if you are a fit for one of our current or future vacancies. You can rest assured of four key aspects of how we manage personal data
* We will never sell your data to anyone
* We will protect your data and keep it secure at all times
* We will never pass your data to a potential hiring company without your express consent
* We will only use your data to provide you with career opportunities and market intelligence
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£46.2k - £58.8k Annual
£76k - £81k Annual
£45k - £70k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual
£60k - £100k Annual
£22k - £28k Annual
£50k - £65k Annual
£400 - £450 Daily