Posted on Jul 17, 2019 by CV-Library
Crest Nicholson South West are now recruiting for a fully qualified Financial Controller, based at our office in Stoke Gifford. We're looking for an ambitious, motivated and highly driven individual with the hunger to succeed and progress in a well-established, successful division.
You will be taking responsibility for the financial reporting of the South West division, ensuring there are adequate processes and controls within the finance function. You will be supporting our highly experienced and dynamic team, reporting into the Finance Director. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking for a highly engaging and challenging role having fully completed the ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification.
* Providing routine and ad hoc accounting information, enabling the Group to measure financial performance of the Region and make informed decisions on future plans/forecasts.
* Preparing annual ‘3 year forecast’ budgets. Responsibility for coordinating the budget review ahead of budget preparation.
* Developing reporting procedures to enable the business to investigate and address specific problems in order to ensure achievement of profit targets.
* Developing and improving current systems (Agresso/MIS), including responsibility for the maintenance and operation of the accounting system.
* Coordinating monthly objective forecasting of profit, and recommending adjustments to ensure the business continues to meet profit targets for the year.
* Managing the use of working capital in order to maximise return on cash and resources.
* Supporting and advising the Land Buying Team regarding financial implications of decisions on land deals, preplans and budgets.
* Supporting and advising the Commercial Team on financial implications regarding cost reviews and build budgets.
* Supporting Sales and Marketing Team regarding financial implications of decisions on sales pricing and marketing budgets.
* Managing the Finance Department – setting targets on service to the business, measuring department and individual performance against targets, managing on-going development of the team.
* Monitoring and reviewing the efficient and accurate use of systems by the Regional business in achieving its goals.
Qualifications and Skills:
* Fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
* Housebuilding / property development / construction experience preferred at Management level.
* Highly IT literate including advanced Excel.
* Good communication skills.
* Adherence to deadlines, and the ability to work under the pressure of month end and year end deadlines.
* Excellent problem solving and investigative approach.
* Confident, strong character with the ability to lead others.
As an employer of choice, we offer an extensive range of benefits including: Competitive salary, bonus, company car/car allowance, share save scheme, private pension up to 12.5% and private healthcare/cash plan options.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£55k - £55k Annual
£75k - £85k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£55k - £68k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual