Desktop Support Engineer
Posted on Jul 17, 2019 by CV-Library
Role:Desktop Support Engineer
Salary:£20,000 - £24,000 plus excellent benefits such as onsite gym, restaurant and parking
Key Duties: -
* Receive and respond to incoming calls, e-mails and service desk tickets regarding issues that arise, prioritising as necessary, resolving them within agreed timescales and escalating to other members of Infrastructure, as appropriate.
* Perform daily routine maintenance checks on key systems.
* Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
* Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user hardware, software, and peripheral devices, including telecoms.
* Account Management - create, issue and manage/maintain corporate accounts for joiners/leavers, following a fully auditable procedure.
* Liaise with and provide education to staff on computer operation, new user training, Infrastructure Policies & Application use within the business and other relevant issues.
* Help and support the IT team in deploying and rolling out internal software applications.
* Maintain stock levels for consumables and hardware.
* Ensure that client-side Endpoint protection and systems updates are active and applied to all workstations at all times.
* Maintain an inventory of all IT Assets as directed by the Infrastructure Manager.
* Monitor and test PC performance and provide statistics and reports to the Infrastructure Manager, as required.
* Ensure that the company complies with regulatory standards and best practices. Also help oversee IT related verifications, audits and due diligence.
* Evaluate, develop and implement policies and procedures related to computer systems operation and development.
* Manage and update Windows OS images and document up-to-date build information.
The perfect candidate will ideally have the following skills / experience: -
* Demonstrable technical knowledge of current network protocols, modern client operating systems (Windows 10), and best practice IT standards.
* Good understanding of networking principles, including TCP/IP coupled with an understanding of Active Directory, machine builds via Imaging.
* Ability to troubleshoot user problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
* Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills- both written and oral.
* Customer focussed and can present ideas and concepts in user-friendly language.
* College Diploma / GCSE / A-Level in the field of computer science or information systems or a related discipline preferred.
* At least 1 years in a previous technical helpdesk or desktop support role, troubleshooting and diagnosing faults in hardware such as desktop PCs, laptops, printers, telephones and mobile devices.
* Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required.
FRS is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this vacancy
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£10.9 - £17.4 Hourly
£22k - £24k Annual
£11.5 - £18.7 Hourly
£167 - £209 Daily
£23k - £26k Annual
£0 - £14.3 Hourly
£18.3 - £18.3 Hourly
£16 - £16 Hourly