IT Delivery Manager
Posted on Jul 18, 2019 by CV-Library
The role will encompass the following activities:
* You will be accountable for the 24x7 operations, development and delivery of all changes into Commercial, Product & Sourcing platforms enabled by Atcore technology managing up to 10 direct reports.
* Your team will be responsible the product and sourcing systems and delivery of the required systems changes.
* Your typical operational budget will be circa £3M, your team will be delivering change valued at c £5M of CAPEX.
* You will be responsible for overseeing all elements of Atcore change delivery from demand management and prioritisation, to quality and certainty of code development and testing, deployment into production.
* You will focus on continuous improvement of quality of Atcore delivery, which will require technical acumen and practical approach to realise benefits through improved time to market from idea to “go live” stage and tangible impact in TUI ability to drive higher conversion rate and generate higher revenue.
* You will work closely with Solution Architects, Release Managers, Portfolio managers and Business Leads to support the various business cases and ensure the delivery plans are achievable, on time and have no impact to the platform when it is implemented, constantly striving to increase time to market.
* You will be responsible for the performance and operation of the solutions by ensuring all the software delivery is tuned, architected and implemented to support high traffic, scalable business, ensuring operational stability of TUI key inventory, reservation systems underpinning selling capability to 6 million customers across six geographical locations.
* You will work closely with Atcore to promote innovation in how change is delivered introducing more agile, DevOps, Microservices into Atcore technology stack, helping the business to stay in front of a fast moving and competitive market by making sure the modern technology is utilized.
* You will ensure the systems evolve in a way that allows it to be able to quickly adapt to market changes, enabling TUI to continue to deliver change at a competitive rate.
* You will oversee internal and external Atcore operational delivery teams. You will line manage an in-house 24/7 Atcore support team of c. 10 people (such as Incident Manager, Test Manager, Support Analysts, Security Consultant, etc.).
* You will be responsible for managing incident management activities and applications support. You will accept ITIL aligned processes and drive service improvement programmes.
* You will work with Atcore and the in-house teams to introduce recent technology trends in Atcore technology stack (Agile, Cloud based services, etc.).
* You will ensure that fit for purpose support models are in place and services are operable, recoverable and maintainable once transitioned into live operations.
* You will manage Atcore yearly operational budget and ensure the best approaches are taken on the delivery of change to minimise cost and optimise resources.
* You will support new ideas with right size and practical approach to performing ‘design and proposals’ that establish the feasibility of business cases.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Previous experience gained working in an agile ‘Test and Learn’ organisation and culture with empowered teams.
* A technical Degree or Masters in computer science desirable
* Validated experience in leading and managing Agile development teams
* Validated experience in leading and managing external supplier development teams
* A deep understanding and proven track record of full software delivery life cycle
* Exceptional verbal and written communication
* Ability to manage stakeholders up to a C-Suite level
* A proven track record in building high-performance, high traffic enterprise applications at scale, leading and managing teams on complex software programs.
* Technical acumen with significant prior experience with development technologies; keeping pace with technical innovation.
* Experience in leading and managing software development teams in large Enterprise organization.
* Well versed with software engineering practices
* Validated experience working with distributed, redundant and transactional systems and their testing and operation.
* Knowledge on software deployment, infrastructure, database, application performance matrix (e.g. Memory, CPU, network, multi-threading etc.)
* Validated experience of managing both on shore and off shore 3rd party supplies to cost, time and quality
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£275 - £300 Daily
£80k - £82k Annual
£45k - £60k Annual
£55k - £60k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£45k - £45k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual