Posted on Jul 18, 2019 by CV-Library
LOCATION: North East Lincs
SALARY: Negotiable and dependent on experience
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: Salary upto 65K, dependent on experience (+ company benefits)
Days of Work: Full-time, Mon-Fri
The Project Manager has overall responsibility, authority and accountability for successful delivery of larger engineering, procurement and construction projects, either as full EPC projects, or EPCM variants.
The Project Manager must manage these projects in a safe and productive manner, with full technical compliance across all disciplines, and achieve milestone completion on time and budget.
This role is one whereby the Project Manager will usually be heading-up a bespoke project team of senior engineers and managers, and interfacing directly with key client representatives often including investors and multiple project stakeholders.
* Management and control of all aspects of the project/contracts as assigned by the company.
* Planning of works to ensure maximum efficiency and protection of the commercial position.
* Maximise productivity by clear direction and control of the project team and all resources.
* Manage safety on the project, ensuring compliance with all legal and company procedures, and promoting positive and pro-active attitude to working safely at all levels.
* Manage safety and environmental implications of the project during engineering design.
* Working within the company’s ISO 9001:2008 quality systems, ensuring all engineering and construction activities are supplied to meet the contract’s requirements, including all appropriate contract specifications.
* Ensure all project and test documentation is correctly produced and securely filed, being submitted to the client within contract timescales.
* Compile and issue all necessary cost and schedule progress reports in line with company procedures, and take action in a timely manner to correct any issues likely to result in poorer outturn figures.
* Maintain full awareness of the total commercial position of the project at all times, ensuring delay/disruption and variation issues are managed in an appropriate and timely manner thus the required profit margins are delivered. Advise Senior Projects Manager of any issues that may have a significant commercial impact on the project as soon as they become evident.
* Ensure the contract is scheduled in accordance with both the contract and client’s requirements; however protection of the commercial position takes precedence over any schedule issues.
* He/she will ensure the cost and schedule progress is reported accurately on a weekly basis to the Senior Projects Manager.
* Guiding the design development.
* Ensuring the correct production of detailed equipment and valve calculations.
* Generating and checking equipment datasheets.
* Development and approval of P&ID`s and PFD`s in accordance with quality procedures.
* You will be leading and managing a team of engineers (various disciplines).
* Selection of equipment and liaison with suppliers/sub-contractors.
* Reviewing/developing existing design techniques/procedures and investigation of new processes.
* Checking of others’ engineering design work.
* Acting as the main Client liaison during the life of the project.
* Preparing engineering man-hour estimates.
* Financial responsibility for managing medium engineering projects with certain project values and managing engineering budget.
* Manage time to ensure adequate delivery of deliverables set by senior project manager / line manager.
* Prioritise workloads effectively and efficiently.
* Relevant professional qualification i.e. University degree or equivalent in engineering (E)
* Chartered engineer (D)
* Significant project engineering and management experience within the high hazard process industry, including several larger EPC/EPCM projects (E)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30 - £32 Hourly
£40k - £50k Annual
£35 - £40 Hourly
£56 - £57 Hourly
£37.5k - £45k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£380 - £400 Daily
£35k - £40k Annual
£24 - £26 Hourly