Posted on Jul 18, 2019 by CV-Library
Avis Budget Group doesn’t just rent cars. We’re changing the way people move. Across our world-leading brands - Avis, Budget, Zipcar and Payless - we’re continually harnessing the latest technology to develop integrated products and services that will offer entirely new travel possibilities with more convenience and flexibility than ever before.
About the role of Finance Manager
The Finance Manager will support the Head of Financial Control (SCA) to manage the integrity of the financial statements, and delivery of all internal and external reporting.
This role also ensures the Accounting practices operate within the control environment defined by SOx compliance and US GAAP accounting rules.
Key Responsibilities – Finance Manager
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that the financial results are correctly accounted and reported by:
1. Managing the monthly financial Close process for all SCA entities countries (Norway, Sweden & Denmark)
2. Supporting the Head of Financial control to facilitate a strong internal controls environment in the UK team along with review of controls in Scandinavia and the BSC to achieve annual audit & SOx sign off.
3. Delivering monthly, quarterly and annual reporting schedules for both internal and external reporting purposes
4. Working with EMEA Treasury and Banks/Finance houses to ensure that all financing needs and funding targets are met and reviewing the cash flow forecasting and reporting
5. Reviewing monthly financials (inc. balance sheet reconciliations) and an on-going review of processes to identify any efficiency savings and control opportunities
6. Management and development of a team of PQ and qualified accountants with support for offsite teams in Oslo & Budapest
The role involves close liaison with FP&A, external Finance Houses, EMEA finance teams as well as the BSC (Budapest shared service centre) teams and external auditors
The job holder is responsible for ensuring the provision of timely and accurate information and maintaining positive relationships with senior management and staff throughout UK HQ and Operations and the EMEA Finance teams.
* Monthly Financial Close process and EBITDA reporting.
* Monthly & Quarterly reporting to US
* Supporting the internal and external audit of the NR companies
* Production of Statutory accounts
* Managing Financial Controls in team
* Assisting in SOX compliance programme
* Review Balance sheet reconciliations
* Cash flow forecasting and reporting
* Assisting with ad hoc local and EMEA projects
* Review of VAT and Tax returns & compliance
* Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA or equivalent) 2-5 years post qualification experience
* Highly developed analytical, problem-solving, communication and influencing skills. Keen interest in a high-quality response to the function’s customers.
* Pro-active approach with confidence to review processes, and suggest and implement process improvements
* Previous accounting and financial planning experience ideally with cash flow management, financial controls and month end reporting
* Self-motivated and wanting to make a difference, with a track record of achievements.
* Ability and drive to take on additional work from other areas when required
* Strong IT and systems knowledge with advanced Excel skills and good experience of GL systems
We’re looking for the very best talent to help us shape the future of mobility, if you are interested please apply now
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£37.7k - £37.7k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£44k - £48k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£40k - £65k Annual
£30k - £37k Annual