Posted on Jul 19, 2019 by CV-Library
- Immediate Start
- £300 - £350 per day
- Temp to Perm Opportunity
*Ideally from an Auditing Background*
A not for profit Major Sports Team is looking for a Financial Controller join them at a very exciting time in their schedule. The Financial Controller is responsible for the day to day operation, accuracy and integrity of the financial accounting systems of this world recognized team. The post-holder is responsible for producing monthly accounts, undertaking variance analysis, and implementing and monitoring financial controls.
Role of Financial Controller
- Manage the day to day operation of the Finance function to ensure the provision of a high quality service to stakeholders
- Ensuring the accounting records of the organisation are maintained to a high standard of accuracy and integrity
- Maintaining and enhancing the internal financial controls, procedures and processes to ensure a robust financial control framework is in place to protect the organisation’s assets
- Leading the preparation and consolidation of the annual financial budget. Providing support to budget holders to build accurate and achievable budgets that meet the organisation’s financial strategy
- Provision of accurate financial management information to stakeholders in accordance with an agreed timetable to enable the effective financial management of the organisation
- Attendance at Finance Committee, Audit & Risk Committee and other Committees as required
- Regular review of financial performance and forecasts with budget holders, alerting senior management to potential issues
- Monitoring and accurate recording of grant expenditure and ensuring compliance with all financial reporting requirements to funding bodies
- Ensure compliance with VAT and tax regulations including VAT and tax return submission
- Maintain accurate cash flow forecasts and ensure appropriate treasury management practices in place
- Leading the preparation and audit of the annual report and accounts
- Overseeing the operation of the outsourced payroll function, ensuring accuracy of processing and compliance with HMRC and pension Auto-Enrolment regulations
- Day to day line management of the Management Accountant, Finance Officer, and Purchase & Sales Ledger Assistant
- Conducting annual appraisals, performance reviews, team meetings and other management duties to ensure good team performance and achievement of core objectives
- Approving payments of invoices, expenses and amounts owed by BACS on a weekly basis and
- To work with other members of the Business Services team as appropriate.
Some of the benefits
- 7.5% employers pension contribution subject to employee contribution of 3%.
- 20 days annual leave which increased to 25 after 5 year service.
- Life Assurance at 3x the value of annual salary
- Staff Kit provided by kit partner.
- Discounts at our partners.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Eye care vouchers
- Lunchtime Yoga!!!
Please click apply now to progress your application and we will be in touch as soon as possible
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45k - £50k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£35k - £50k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£28k - £30k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual