Production Engineer - NPI
Posted on Jul 19, 2019 by CV-Library
Based in Derby
Salary – Negotiable depending on experience
Purpose and Key responsibilities
* To review, overhaul, implement and manage the company NPI system including:
* To ensure as far as is practicable the front end engineering is completed before job launch.
* To work with the engineering team to identify and address any issues or queries pre build or during build.
* To ensure all data and documentation is controlled and in place.
* To ensure all necessary equipment is identified, in place and correctly configured.
* To support during the production phase of New Product build.
* To obtain customer sign off on new product build.
* To ensure the end of job review is completed and necessary actions are completed.
* To ensure the NPI is formalised and the correct NPI records completed and stored.
* Assist with ECN process.
* Work with the Engineering team to provide assistance and drive improvement activities.
* Liaise with customers, suppliers and 3rd parties where necessary.
* Review and implement customer requirements.
* Ensure integrity of all shop floor data / documentation & customer requirements are correctly documented.
* Assist with creating and updating Works Instructions.
* Interface with the company MES (Factory Logix) system.
* Interface with the company ERP (Nav) system.
Recommended Technical Experience and Qualifications
* Previous experience of using CAD data for electronics manufacturing
* Previous experience of an ECN Process
* Previous experience of importing and changing Bill of Materials (BOM)
* A good knowledge and understanding of Surface Mount Technology
* Previous experience of working with ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics NAV)
* Previous experience of working with Aegis (MES)
* HNC/HND in Electronics
* Degree in Engineering / Electronics / Manufacturing (Desirable)