Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Jul 19, 2019 by CV-Library
Joining our client as a Mechanical Design Engineer you will have the opportunity to work a alongside the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer on projects that support the design and development of new technologies across a broad range of industries.
You will have the opportunity to work in a team that designs solutions for industries including; Advanced Printing, Food and Transportation. Our applications are used in the activation of component materials, additive sintering, disinfection and glueing.
Your work will be focused on contributing to new product design from initial concept through to creation of drawings. You will be taking the ideas of project leaders and turning this into industrialised solutions.
As an Engineer working for our client you will be given the freedom to use your theoretical and practical knowledge to carve a role for yourself given the autonomy to manage your own individual projects and undertaking your own research into new equipment, techniques and materials for product development.
You will be supported in your works as an Engineer but also given the freedom and opportunity to use your own initiative and shine in your own merit by bringing new ideas to the table. You will utilise the expertise of the Innovation and Design teams, working to ensure successful delivery to our client’s customers!
This role would suit an early career Mechanical Design Engineer who has strong design experience of around 2 years in the marketplace, both on a theoretical and practical level, including being an experienced user of 3D CAD - Inventor preferred! Alongside this you will have detailed knowledge and understanding of manufacturing and engineering processes. Under supervision you will be responsible for designing the mechanical elements of new products, with a view to the following concepts:
• Design for manufacture
• Design to meet or exceed customer requirements specifications
• Design for relevant standards and compliance
Joining our client’s team in Cambridge you will benefit from years of experience lead by the Technical Director who has been with the organisation for over 20 years, proud to maintain excellent staff retention through offering career development and opportunities to consistently utilise your own ideas.
• Mechanical design of new products
• Making modifications to existing products and manufacturing equipment
• Generation of concepts and lay-outs of robust systems
• New product design from concept to manufacturing drawings
• Contributing mechanical/aesthetic design expertise during the design process
• Taking the ideas of the project leaders and creating their vision into full 3D models in Inventor
• Investigate design techniques, materials and hardware to incorporate into designs
• Design and create drawings for complex or simple jigs and fixtures for manufacturing
• Travel will be necessary to attend conferences, exhibitions or customer visits
What we are looking for:
• Engineering degree or similar experience and knowledge
• 3D CAD experienced user, Inventor preferred
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of manufacturing and engineering processes
• Design for manufacturing knowledge and/or experience
• Proven expertise in designing and developing new products
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
On our wish list!
• Experience in any of the following technologies would be advantageous - plastics, polymer, Composites, printed electronics, thin film coatings or display industry
Location: Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge
Hours: 8.30am – 17.00pm Monday – Friday (flexibility may be offered)
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum + 10% of salary bonus
Benefits: 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, discretionary annual bonus 10% of salary, Pension Scheme, life assurance, Private Health insurance
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£0 - £0 Annual
£20 - £25 Hourly
£30k - £40k Annual
£30k - £45k Annual
£37k - £38.5k Annual
£38k - £45k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual
£30k - £35k Annual