Quality Inspector Precision Parts
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
To inspect precision manufactured components, achieving quality and on time delivery to customer specifications.
* First and final inspection of a wide range of complex parts. Run manual CMM co-ordinate measuring machines
* A full understanding of Geometric tolerances and how to apply them.
* Produce first article inspection reports.
* Good understanding of Excel and Word.
* Manual measurement of parts using micrometers, verniers and height gauges.
* To undertake component "in-process" and "final" inspection using a full range of measuring equipment and machines.
* Produce inspection result reports for customer and internal use
* Operate the company non-conformance system, recommending corrective and preventative actions as appropriate
* To hand finish components in line with procedure WS004 as necessary.
* To mark components as detailed either on routings or drawings in line with company practice using various methods suitable for the application
* To carry out none destructive testing (Hardness, LPI and MPI, UT) on components and raw material. Produce relevant results certification and report on defective components.
* To assist with packing and preparing for shipping
* Assist with maintaining the measuring instrument calibration system
* Assist in developing inspection techniques for components and situations that are not straightforward.
* Produce calculations for various aspects of components (i.e. Thread wire readings etc.)
* Produce sketches/drawings of customer samples as required
* Communicate quality improvement requirements to management in cases where the NCR system has not been invoked
Hours of work
Day shift with Overtime
·Must have an inspection background with a wide range of inspection skills, manual equipment and CMM and operating are essential.
·Have a can-do attitude and work well with others in a team environment.
·Willing to work overtime when required to suit customer requirements.
·Capable of passing on knowledge and training others
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£23k - £25k Annual
£55k - £55k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual