Project Management (Marine Energy)
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
The business is a leading international institution of innovative technology solutions in the Offshore Renewables Energy Sector. The RDI Directorate develops and delivers the most cutting-edge projects, focusing on the new frontiers being pushed by the sector. As the project portfolio grows, RDI team needs to expand its project delivery capabilities to meet this demand. The primary objective of the MEECE Project Manager is to ensure that the MEECE programme is managed to deliver the agreed output indicators, within the constraints of the agreed timescales, budget and finance structure, and in compliance with ERDF rules.
To support delivery of research and development based activities related to electrical grid and storage, support the development of the R&D and commercial activity in this area.
* Work with the MEECE Academic Lead and lead academics at each Joint Beneficiary to ensure that all parts of the MEECE Operation are complying with MEECE management systems and processes
* Work with the (external) Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) contractor to ensure that the M&E Plan is being followed.
* Ensure the project management of individual projects and programmes is appropriate and consistent with The organisation strategy and delivered according to the Company’s policies and procedures.
* Manage project team resources, providing opportunities and direction that will inspire and motivate people to achieve superior results.
* Coordinate project activities and risk management.
* Provide input, support and expertise to project teams to ensure that input is given to early stage development activities.
* Communicate effectively, providing regular and ad-hoc reports to the MEECE Programme Manager and beyond (in the format & quality required) and foster open communication across teams.
* Control budget for projects and programmes ensuring that cost forecasts remain within the overall project budgets.
* Commit to ensuring and maintaining a high standard of health & safety awareness through encouraging safe behaviours within and outwith direct reports, contractors and other stakeholders.
* Ensure all projects and programmes are closed out effectively, including all relevant and necessary documentation filed and stored appropriately.
* Any other duties that may reasonably be required from time to time to deliver The organisation objectives.
To succeed in the role the Project Manager will have:
* Experience of European and public funded projects and public procurement rules.
* A recognised project management certificate or diploma.
* Strong ability in Maths, English and Sciences
* A track record of successfully leading multi-discipline teams in the delivery of projects and programmes.
* Experience of negotiating and managing commercial contracts.
* Awareness of occupational Health & Safety issues.
The following are desirable:
* A degree or equivalent in a technical or business discipline.
* Sound relationship management skills and confidence working with Project Directors, senior management (internal and external) and consultants.
* Influencing, negotiating, and communication skills.
* Sound planning and analysis skills with the ability to look forward and see / anticipate
* problems and thereafter plan and implement mitigating solutions to negate the effect of such problems.
* Innovation and creative thinking.
* Problem solving - dealing with conflicting requirements.
* Tenacity, persistence and determination to succeed in overcoming obstacles.
* High capacity for change and experience of leading others through change.
* Contribute (or ensure resources are available) to early development projects, giving advice to the Project Teams on "deliverability" and commercialisation