Embedded Software Developer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
They are actively seeking to expand our embedded VoIP product design team in Maidenhead, Berkshire, with an embedded software developer with strong system architect design skills. The successful candidate will be required to assist the project leader in all aspects of the project.
* Assist in the translation of the high-level product requirements to a technical specification and product architecture.
* Assist in identifying detailed project tasks and estimating their implementation timescales.
* Be involved in the complete development cycle: design, implementation and test.
* Debug problems and resolve root cause.
* Document and review code, solutions and test plans.
* Provide technical guidance to team members.
* Hands-on experience designing complex multi-threaded, real-time embedded software systems using the C programming language.
* Extensive design experience with embedded Linux and uClinux.
* Experience of top-level architectural system design and documentation.
* Working knowledge of C++.
* Cross-platform software development experience within a Linux environment.
* Familiarity with a Windows based working environment.
* Wireshark or other networking tracing tool experience
* Familiarity with Internet protocols such as TCP/IP, VoIP etc.
* Experience of detailed system design and documentation.
* Experience of the full product development lifecycle.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Ability to work independently and within a team with minimal supervision and to provide technical guidance to others.
Additional experience in the following areas would be very advantageous:
* Development experience using the SIP protocol.
* Development experience of implementing a GUI using Qt (ideally for an embedded device).
* Telecommunications and/or Data networking background would be highly desirable.
* Linux device driver development.
* TCP/IP network stack knowledge.
* Encryption and authentication protocols, e.g. 802.1x
* Other network protocols Including Q931, HTTP, SNMP, STP, VLAN, RTP, RTCP, TFTP, DHCP and IGMP.
* Experience of embedded web servers.
* Experience of building and configuring open-source Linux/uClinux packages, preferably using Yocto and/or Buildroot.
* Source control (SVN)
* An appreciation of one or more POSIX real-time operating systems.
DKSrecruit are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy
As a provider of recruitment services, DKSrecruit collects data from candidates to help them find the best job opportunities. We share data with our customers in order to secure you the best opportunities. We also collect and use information from our clients in order to find the right person to fill their vacancies.
As a people-focused business, the privacy of our candidates and customers is extremely important to us
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35k - £40k Annual
£80k - £85k Annual
£50k - £50k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual