Desktop Support Engineer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
To provide onsite desktop support to a key customer in the CAE portfolio. The role will cover all aspects of hardware and software support on a 1st / 2nd line basis, supporting the End Users at one of our customers London Offices with day to day administrative tasks.
Desktop Support Engineer Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide Desktop Support as required:
* Call Ownership – Ticket Creation, Update, Closure and Troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of IT problems
* Install, upgrade and support Windows 10, as well as, install, upgrade and support printers, computer hardware and any other authorised peripheral equipment
* Perform general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment
* Liaising with 3rd party providers to support hardware issues
* Investigating & fault finding software issues
* Asset management
* Software installation
* Diagnose and communicate complex technical issues escalating to third line support where necessary
* Minimum 2 years’ service desk experience or 1 year desk side
* Microsoft desktop products
* Active Directory (account creation/password resets)
* MCSA (or other Microsoft certifications), Computer Maintenance A+, ITIL Certification and ITIL.
Desktop Support Engineer Experience:
* Experience supporting Windows 7 / 10.
* Experience setting up new workstations, laptops and tablets.
* Active Directory experience e.g. adding users, password resets.
* Understanding of MS Office 365 support and administration.
* Experience of MS One Drive configuration and permissions.
* Experience setting up network printers.
* Strong competence in issue diagnosis and problem solving.
Desktop Support Engineer Skills/Competencies:
* Must have analytical skills and be able to solve technical problems across different platforms.
* Experience with AD
* Experience of using IT ticketing software
* Experienced working towards agreed SLAs (e.g. call conversion and issue resolution)
* Must be a team player and be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
2 years fixed term contract on customer site
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £40k Annual
£25k - £45k Annual
£180 - £225 Daily
£200 - £250 Daily
£20k - £35k Annual
£140 - £240 Daily
£25k - £30k Annual
£15 - £20 Hourly
£22k - £24k Annual