International Engineering Project Manager
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
International Engineering Project Manager– Automation / Manufacturing / Material Handling
Excellent salary and development opportunities
UK Based / Global
I am looking to recruit an experienced Engineering Project Manager with to join my UK based client. You will project manage the technical realisation / installation of new automation distribution centres overseas. Managing resources and deliverables from multiple teams across engineering. You will come from a manufacturing, food, airport baggage or automated material handling background and familiar with fast paced environments.
This is a global role from a UK base and will involve a considerable amount of time overseas.
Role & Responsibilities
* Automation engineering lead on overseas projects
* Close working with internal stakeholders (e.g. Engineering Operations, Business Project Managers, Engineering Supply Chain) and external stakeholders to ensure a successful delivery of project and handover to Go-Live.
* Communication across teams and to project stakeholders ensuring expectations are managed.
* Coordination and management of locally contracted MHE and Enabling works suppliers
* Ensuring programmes stay on plan, budget and meet specification
* Identify and coordinate applicable engineering change requests
* Leadership & management of a group of Engineering Project Managers, Project Engineers, contractors and others as appropriate
* Maintain the companies engineering standards
* Responsible for many commercial aspects of the project; including formulation of the capital budget; negotiation on costs; contractual arrangements, management of variations, working closely with procurement, finance and admin colleagues.
* Risk identification and mitigation, anticipating engineering challenges
* Take ownership of engineering problems, seeing them through to resolution
* Working with planning colleagues to create and maintain realisation programmes
What am I looking for?
* Able to draw on a range of project management skills, tools and approaches
* Be able to perform unsupervised on your own initiative and as part of a team, typically with geographical isolation from other engineering colleagues
* Comfortable and experienced in a dynamic, fast paced environment, FMCG / Manufacturing / Automated Material Handling Equipment
* Managed large teams
* Commercially aware and consider commercial impacts on decisions and proposals
* Previously managed large budgets in excess of £5m
* Communication of complex technical information in a variety of forms to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Customer focussed
* Demonstrable competence in effective management and leadership of a team, experience of delivering through people
* Engineering qualification, to at least HND or Degree level
* Excellent technical competence and understanding relating to both automation and general engineering
* Experienced in international working
* Persuasive and influential, able to get results from matrix resources
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ideally MS Project
This is an international role and as such extensive travel and time oversees is to be expected, of course you will need to be able to travel freely throughout the world.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV.
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£28k - £30k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£300 - £350 Daily